Best iphone4 screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by moosquared, Jan 13, 2011.

1. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

I'm sorry for asking this because I'm sure many of you have seen this thread for a million times. I just haven't find any screen protector that I like.

I just started using my iphone4 today. Went to AT&T to get my micro-sim and also bought the anti-glare, anti-fingerprints from them. It's from case-mate. It's just going to a temporary screen protector for me.

I want a screen protector that will cover everything. Front, back and sides (mainly on the front screen). I've seen some people have it. I'd like it to be oleophobic material, but one that doesn't ruin the quality of the picture. I hope it exist...

I used Zagg invisible shield before on my blackberry. It covers all sides. But after a couple months (or maybe less) it got dirty on the side and it accumulate fingerprints easily.
    Power Support is actually quite good. I used it on my iphone 3G before, but again, picture quality is not really the same.

I don't mind buying from several different brands because I know some just sell the front screen cover.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. :D

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

you should just search the screen protector threads, its not hard.
    get power support or sgp. done

3. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I would suggest not to use an anti-fingerprint film on the screen, it really isn't worth it on iPhone 4.
    For that reason I would suggest Power support clear front film, as they are really invisible and extremely easy to apply.
    I've also posted a review of the SGP Incredible Shield (full body), you might wanna check it out ;)
    Clicky

4. TEHi macrumors regular

I use cheap screen protectors an they work fine. no need to spend that much that. Amazon have them 6x for $3 SHIPPED. Anti-glare makes screen looks like crap, no matter the brand.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you're looking for the best quality, go for Power Support.

6. Elweezy macrumors regular

7. RebeccaL, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Any of the static protectors will look great.[PS, SGP, Switcheasy, etc] Don't get a soft protector as they cause orange peel and feel rubberry. [Zagg,Wrapsol, BSE]

Also Wrapsol keeps posting spam in forums claiming their film protects the iphone from being dragged from a truck 30 feet LOL. That makes me dislike their product even more.

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Really? I haven't seen any spam, and they do have a video on youtube of it being dragged by a truck lol.

9. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There has been spam on almost every thread dealing with sp or cases. It is just that they get pulled quickly by mods. As for the truck, they can put a video or whatever and I won't believe a thin film can protect the phone from that abuse, not even an otterbox defender will.

11. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

second this

12. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

well, my wrapsol has settled, and i can maybe believe that it'll be protected if you slide it across the floor. just make sure you do a wet install. i shouldn't have bothered with a dry install. it just made it a lot more stressful. haha.

13. kazakh macrumors member

where do people get Power Support from? Their website, or is there another place to get them cheaper/faster? thanks

14. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

you can buy powersupport anti-glares in the apple store.

15. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I have been through them all over the last 4yrs, and i finally just tried monoprices $0.97 ones and they are as good as anything out there.

16. kazakh macrumors member

thanks, will try them ...

17. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Is there a screen protector out there that has the same feel as the anti-glare but isnt an anti-glare? i just hate what the matte does to the ip4 screen, but i do love the feel of the protector..

18. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

i've never used a powersupport so i don't know what they feel like.