Best ipod touch 2g cases

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by gmanbreaks, Jan 1, 2009.

1. gmanbreaks macrumors newbie

Hey MRF what cases do you reccomend for the ipod touch 2g.... I personally favor the neo touch by switch easy... lmk how you all feel:apple:

2. Topper59 macrumors member

i think the InvisibleSHIELD is the best case, even though i wouldn't call it a case, but its the best thing to protect your ipod

3. Bennethon macrumors newbie

4. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

Me too :D

I also got a Belkin arm strap case thing for christmas. I run alot so this is very practical in my case. The touch functions work suprisingly well through the plastic cover.

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

6. fiftysevenpapa macrumors newbie

I've got the incase rubber-ish case (with a screen protector as well) and am loving it.

7. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Been very happy with the Rebel Touch by Switcheasy.

9. rickeym macrumors member

Another vote for the Rebel Touch.

10. rickeym macrumors member

Although the Neo touch looks good too.

11. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

12. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Go to WalMart and get the larger-size black faux leather eyeglass case with two slits in the top of the case--one side or pouch to slip the touch into and the other to keep the earbuds and cloth in. Very slender and works great. Slides in and out easily and can be carried in your shirt or suit pocket very comfortably. It also lets you actually use the touch bare-handed without a permanent casing surrounding it. Costs less then $3. Several touch owners I've met traveling on light-rail have seen it and say they are going to get one too.

13. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I'll second the AirJacket-- mine is black and it looks like a part of the iPod, not just something stuck on there. I'm pretty careful with my stuff and it adds enough protection for me without adding virtually any bulk. If you tend to bash your device around, you might want something more protective.

14. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

I like the Gear4 jumpsuit. The back looks like a tire, and protected the unit when I accidently dropped it at work. Comes with a static screen guard , but I have the Zagg guard on order as they never lift or bubble.

Attached Files:

15. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

16. AngryApple macrumors 6502

I use the Belkin Leather Folio and it is really nice. I got mine for $20 on Amazon. You can also purchase it from Apple's online store for $30. It's really cool how I don't have to slide it out of a sleeve or anything. Just opening the flap is all that's nessessary. I also use the generic brand of the socks because Apple's are way over priced. Hello--$30 for 6 socks? Generics are $5. :)

17. budkid macrumors regular

Try the rebeltouch case. The neotouch case rubber is really thin. You may like the rebeltouch case.

18. Ramsav24 macrumors member

Has anyone tried/have the Speck PixelSkin? I'm between that and the SwitchEasy Color. Any opinions? Thanks!

19. thebill macrumors member

Griffin iClear, gets my vote, see thru, protects when I drop it. (I drop it way too much :eek: :eek: )

20. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

+1

21. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

If your looking for good drop protection Speck Pixelskin is a good choice. My only complaints are the rubber grabs the fabric of your pocket and if you get any dust or debris under the case it will rub and scratch the back. Overall, I've used several Speck cases and Pixels are great if you think dropping the Touch may be a problem.

I used a clear Pixelskin( Armorskin ) on my 1G Touch occasional and then switched it to my 2G Touch until I could find 2G cases. The colored Pixelskins- especially black- will pick up lint from your pocket and look dirty. That's why I went with clear after past experiences but the don't make the 2G Pixelskin in clear.

[​IMG]

22. HelloMotto macrumors newbie

for very light cases, i would go with incipio feather.
    For more bulky/protective cases, i heard Switcheasy case are really good.