Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squicken

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Trying to find a case for my iPod; post your favorite cases here!

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
41WqIfBPJ5L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

10288078-1294672590-365000.jpg

bobTX10

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
DONT get the griffin reveal. I have it and it sucks poop sack. Dust easily gets under the case and will scratch up your back

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
DONT get the griffin reveal. I have it and it sucks poop sack. Dust easily gets under the case and will scratch up your back
You must've done something wrong. I've had mine for many months.... although the OUTSIDE has been scuffed, the back of the iPod remains pristine.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
It depends what you want. For instance I could suggest a great case with spongebob or a fusia pink case. Overall I am very happy with my incepio case although it was 30$. It is super thin and is breaking.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I got a $1 case on amazon last year for it. Saved my ipod twice however I have like a million scratches on the back but I don't care.

Cursed

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
Staffordshire UK
I've got 3 cheap cases for my iPod Touch. The first is a black snap on plastic case with the iPod logo and information on the back. It looked really nice at first but after a few months became really scuffed. I've got a transparent plastic clip on case which is a bit too flimsy and is also scratched. The best case I've used so far is my current clear gel one. It doesn't get scratched and means the edge around my iPods screen feels much smoother than with with snap on cases.

MattRicketts

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Belkin

I have had the Belkin grip vue metallic black on my iPod from out of the box for nearly over a year now. Excellent case, saved my iPod many times due to its tough TPU material. Great colour and keeps my iPod scratch free!

Biancacruz

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Do you really need to buy an expensive casing for the iphone protection? won't the leather like casing suffice? I am weighing my options here, cause I take care of my things very well so i am just asking

Michael383

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2011
I've used a Griffin case on mine since the day I got it. I carry it around a lot and only take it off for an occasional cleaning. The back of my 4th gen still looks great.

Quisu

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2011
I'm debating between the SwitchEasy Colors and the Incipio Feather, anyone know anything that sets them apart? Is it worth getting both of them?

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
I'm debating between the SwitchEasy Colors and the Incipio Feather, anyone know anything that sets them apart? Is it worth getting both of them?

Colors = sticky, silicone, nasty, nasty, did I mention nasty? (but it comes with many accessories)
Feather = hard plastic, matte-ish... comes with only a screen protector though.

lhlee96

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
Sydney
I'm going to have to say that the Incase Slider for the iPod Touch 4G is the best case, hands down for both protection and functionality. It doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles but simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.