Best Ipod Touch Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by phlabse, Feb 13, 2008.

1. phlabse macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has been posted here before and I'm sorry to ask again but as a potential Ipod Touch buyer I want to be sure I have the best product to protect such an investment. Any ideas as to what is good value or simply the best product for a case for an Ipod Touch?

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. TUD macrumors regular

I have the iSkin, I do not recommend it. A friend has the black InCase (silcone). I prefer it over the iSkin.

3. insan56 macrumors member

its not a case so much but i put an Invisible Shield skin on my iPod touch and its great! it keeps it clean, does not add any bulk, and it doesn't interfere with the touch screen!

4. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Yup my vote goes for the Incase silicon case and just partner it up with a screen protector.

5. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I bought my Case-Mate case for the i-Touch
    http://www.case-mate.com/ipod/ipodt...b187980c498c6214.e3eTaxiPc3mTe34Pa38Ta38Rchz0 a full 3 weeks before I had the i-Touch, Totally LOVE it and highly recommend it. A case for the MBA is 2 months away FYI;)

6. Viremia macrumors regular

I've seen the iSkin, which I really wanted until I saw one in person. Tons of lint, dirt, dust, etc all over it.

My boss got an Otterbox. I set it up for him today. I would NOT get one of those if interactivity with the screen is of any importance. The builtin screen protector does not lie flat against the screen at the corners or edges so that you really have to push hard. The protector also attracts dust like nothing I've ever seen before. And finally, after you assemble it all around your Touch, it becomes almost as big as a 60 GB iPod Classic. Piece of crap IMO.

I've got the black Incase and like it alot. I've yet to get a screen protector (my Touch is all of 24 hours old) but will get one soon.

7. TUD macrumors regular

Let me state that I have the iSkin for my 1st gen Nano and have always been pleased with it, but the quality on the iSkin for the Touch is subpar. I am probably going to purchase the InCase and trash the iSkin. Anyone interested in the iSkin I will sell it at half the cost ($15 + priority mail). I have only had it a week.

8. TopGear300 macrumors regular

TopGear300

invisible shield all the way

I put the invisible shield on mine and love it!! I bought it the same time I got my iPod and as soon as my iPod came out of the box... the shield went on it and it looks brand new 2 months later. They guarantee no scratches for life and that is on top of the fact that the glass face of the iPhone/iPod touch is pretty hard to scratch. Hope this helps... the shield was $25

9. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Reflect by Griffin. It's a nice looking case that does a good job protecting and comes with a screen protector. The one glaring suck part is that dust can come up into the bottom, but not so much that you would freak (unless you are really anal, in which case someone posted an incase one with cyan outsides that seems amazing.

10. kaenai macrumors newbie

I don't even have mine yet, but I've purchased the invisible shield for it. When I go buy it this weekend, I'm going to get the InCase one in magenta (because I'm such a girl). :eek:

11. TricBox macrumors newbie

I use the zcover with the screen protectors and love it. Has a belt clip and an armband holder. Silicone cover all the way around (except screen of coarse). The clip in the silicone can be taken off if need be and now you have an Ipod that won't slide around.

12. Mike49 macrumors member

Mike49

DO NOT get the leather case with the belt hook! I hooked it on my belt and lost it less than 24 hours after I bought it.

Bought another one and now I use the Silicone Incase + screen protector. No scratches, no oily residue from my fingertips.

13. kendaluk macrumors member

How about a case with room for a blue tooth dongle for my wireless headphones?

needs to be for the gym

thanks

14. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I bought the Belkin silicon case and it is great. Keeps the touch slim, repels dust and fits nice and snug.

15. Hostile macrumors newbie

16. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

The griffin hard shell leather case is great. Provides great protection and looks classy. Do not buy cases from best buy. Target sells this case for 25 bucks, as well as walmart, bestbuy sells them for $35.

17. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

DLO Hipster keeps my touch secure and has a very good (non-removable) belt clip.

18. Eärendil Guest

DLO's VideoShell or HybridShell.

They are cheap ($20-30), they are not made out of rubber, which attracts dust and it just has an unpleasant feeling when u put it in your jeans (especially if they are slim fit or whatever)

VideoShell has a nice built in stand, and HybridShell has some funny dots that will not slip. Plus, VideoShell is the highest rated Ilounge's reviewed case (out of like a 100 more).

And they are affordable, andd.... they come with a screen protector.

Im gonna buy one of these but, do you know guys where i can get a back protector? thanks.... (ill probably resell my ipod in the future)

19. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I alternative between the Invisibleshield and the XTrememac Microshield (& its relatives) - have done since the 5G.

Invisibleshield is of course hopeless against impacts but it does mean you can put it anywhere in general without worrying that it's going to get scratched.

The minimalist clear cases like the Microshield add a layer of impact protection while not bulking up the iPod too much.

Hate rubber cases and over-bulky ones.

20. franzmueller macrumors regular

Me either :mad:

Here some things i dont like :

- it dose´nt fit in the docking anymore
    - the docking / ear jacks protections are not tight and a pain to use ( i cut them off )
    - the belt clip is secured by 2 plastic screws and doubt it will hold much abuse ( like sports or getting caught on a door frame while walking )
    - once clipped in your belt it´s annoying to get it out ( this drives me really nuts ) and need both hands to release it.

Some positive aspects though :

- the rubber holds nice in your hand
    . the clip can be turned around and serves like a stand for watching movies

if you are looking for a " clip" case look somewhere else .

Franz

-

21. 7even macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I would not recommend the Otterbox at all. Using the touch screen is just horrible horrible with that case on. Felt real safe though.

Personally I like the Contour Showcase the best out of all the cases. However, I'm sending mine in under warranty because the lock slider seems to have gotten quite loose. Afraid the iPod will fall out shortly after taking it out of my pocket one day..

22. Fatyank macrumors newbie

Fatyank

Vaja cases

If you don't mind spending a little extra to get a handmade leather case check out Vaja cases. They are made in Argentina and the craftmanship is superb. They add very little bulk to the Touch and look really classy. There are several versions for the Touch. Take a look at their site. I have several of their cases for my Touch and Treos. Nothing like the look and smell of leather. http://www.vajacases.com.
    Dependiing on the charger/cradle you use you can leave the Touch in the case. With the Apple charger you just need to remove the small adapter piece for the Touch and you can set it right in the cradle. I personally don't use cradles, just set it on my desk and plug in the cable. :D

23. jjaenagle macrumors member

i have a dlo silicon case... its pretty nice, but i would like a clear hard case or something....

24. dellavoce macrumors regular

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but bestskinsever.com is identical to invisible shield and a third of the cost. They are virtually indestructible and a nearly invisible. It also adds no bulk, which I love and doesn't peel up at all, but if you do remove it, it leaves no residue. They are quite remarkable. I actually thought of buying the California Roll from Griffin. It's a pretty compact case with a pocket for your ipod, plus pockets for your earphones and other accessories. It rolls up pretty small and secure.

Just my thoughts.

25. Hoo03 macrumors regular

+1

I have it as well and I absolutely use it all the time!