Best jailbreak for a 8 GB Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by FencingGeek1695, Jun 8, 2008.

1. FencingGeek1695 macrumors newbie

What is the best jailbreaking program for an 8 GB Ipod Touch?

2. SimplyAmazing macrumors newbie

mac/pc/*nix?

Youtube/google Ipodtouchhelper44 he makes it easy if you're computer illiterate

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

4. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

PC (XP), I'm not exactly illiterate. I can't navigate in DOS and stuff, but I know more than a nice chunk of computer users. (like reinstalling an operating system)

5. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

+1

6. SimplyAmazing macrumors newbie

7. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've heard some bad things about that pwn one. Just a bit off topic on the side (since I haven't gotten an answer yet) when second generation comes out (on Monday or Tuesday) will that raise the price?

8. SimplyAmazing macrumors newbie

It wasn't so great in the past, Now it works terrific, I've used it several times, whilst developing/testing/installing custom firmwares. Never had a problem once. Just follow the vid, and there is nothing to worry about, I HAVE had problems with ZiPhone though, and recently. Stick with WinPwn, it will be what i use to jailbreak 2.0., and to the off topic question, i don't know the answer.

9. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Most likely not, especially when you consider the "Back to School" promotion that just started, where they're giving away a free 8G iPod Touch with the purchase of a new Mac.

As for jailbreaking programs, I know it's not a PC/Windoze program, but ZiPhone is an awesome jailbreaking program for Macs. Download the .dmg, install it, and about 2 minutes later and it's done.

MacDann

10. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help, please give more if you can, I do have friends who jailbroke theirs.

11. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I'm not sure what help I can offer, since I'm running mine on a Mac, but..

I will say that I was very reluctant to JB mine, for fear that it would screw something up. That being said, I'm an IT person for a living, so I get paid to fix hardware that people screw up, so it's not like I was a total noob when it comes to doing something like this. I would also add that I have to work in a PC/Windows environment for a living, so I have a fair amount of experience on both platforms.

I can only relate my experience relative to ZiPhone, but the install was totally painless, and the results have been awesome. I haven't done much with mine other than add some games, but I have been very pleased with the results. I would also say that from my experience (which is limited, at best) it seems that a good part of the apps are focused more on the iPhone than the iPod Touch, so while you see this huge list of stuff, a good part doesn't apply or has no functionality for the iPod Touch.

That being said, I would not hesitate to do this again, based on my experiences.

Hope that helps...

MacDann

12. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

13. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Yabbut he's running on a PC. I wasn't aware of a ZiPhone version that was ported to Windows...

MacDann

14. SimplyAmazing macrumors newbie

There is ZiPhone for windows, but currently out of my own personal experience, it's less stable than the new WinPwn.

15. FencingGeek1695 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the Ipod Touch, can I get a link to the best/easiest to use jailbreaker?

16. iNotion macrumors regular

iNotion

sorry. me noob here.
    Just got my 8GB iPod touch
    what is ziphone?
    & what extras things iPod touch will have after jailbreak?:apple:

17. brewno macrumors 6502

iJailBreak 0.6 was awesome, quick and efficient for me. It even installed the other applications from the software upgrade.

18. dirtbikemike macrumors newbie

im running windows and i used ziphone to jailbreak my touch without a problem and im kinda computer illiterate :eek:

19. pete44444444 macrumors member

Personaly i would go with ziphone. And it works on 8 gigs the best.