Best JB Tool for iP4 Version 4.1 (8B117)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Thinking of going back to a JB but last time I did this was on my 3GS with 3.11 so not sure how much better Cydia has become or any of the other tools for that matter? Also can you still tether on a JB?

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Cydia is just an APT manager. It does what it does. It's not lightening fast but its not like you need to use it on a daily basis, only to tweak your phone. Personally, I think cydia is awesome. Especially now since they handle all the licenses for the apps that were on Rock.

Yes you can tether when you're jailbroken. I have TetherMe ($2) for bluetooth tethering to my computer and I also bought MyWi ($20) in case I need a hot spot. Works amazingly on the iPhone4 because of how good the 3G speeds (up and down) are on it.

If you're thinking of JB'ing a iPhone4, I would personally recommend greenpois0n as it seems more stable than Limera1n was. I've tried both and am definitely sticking with greenpois0n.

3. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I used limera1n to jailbreak and didn't have a problem. I guess all phones are different and some things work for some people better than others.