Best keyboard cover ever!!!!

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
How thin is this? Will it leave residue onto the screen when closed and stored in a bag? I have one and I'm avoiding to use it because I have to always wipe my screen with the keyboard outlines every time.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
How thin is this? Will it leave residue onto the screen when closed and stored in a bag? I have one and I'm avoiding to use it because I have to always wipe my screen with the keyboard outlines every time.
.18 mm thin, that's ultra thin! Doesn't leave mark when I close it at night. Haven't used it closed in bag all day yet. But I would imagine it would be the same thing.

Enigmatic

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2008
Is this for the retina?

The retina keyboard is a little bit shallower than the normal macbook keyboards so the covers tend to not fit them perfectly

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Is this for the retina?

The retina keyboard is a little bit shallower than the normal macbook keyboards so the covers tend to not fit them perfectly
yes for the retina. and it fits to the base perfectly! I'm telling you, this is the best keyboard cover! perhaps theres a $50 one that might compare but for under $10, its everything you could ask for.

0x000000

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2011
yes for the retina. and it fits to the base perfectly! I'm telling you, this is the best keyboard cover! perhaps theres a $50 one that might compare but for under $10, its everything you could ask for.
How does it feel to type on it?

jaicigy

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FL6100/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

And it's on amazon prime! I had 2 previous $1 silicon covers that were 'sticky'. this one has matte surface and 'fits' the keys like a glove!! You really forget that you even have a cover on. And its actually 'clear' not opaque!!!

MUST BUY!!! :D
I have the same one on my Retina and yes, perfect fit and you can close you MBPRetina without problem leaving the cover on and type easily leaving the cover on.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I have this one, and the more expensive one sold by Moshi; I really can't tell the difference.

I also picked up the cheaper "Palmguard" sold by a third-party, because the Moshi one wasn't yet available. It's a bit thinner, but fits better and feels the same.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2012
so no complaints about the keyboard cover damaging the display ? After the sticky of not using palm rest covers for macbook retina 15 I thought that it would also apply to keyboard covers ..

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
so no complaints about the keyboard cover damaging the display ? After the sticky of not using palm rest covers for macbook retina 15 I thought that it would also apply to keyboard covers ..
Nope! Doesn't interfere at all.

dmorgan

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
I ordered this exact keyboard cover and received it on Friday. It's amazing, couldn't ask for anything better. Apparently it's better than the ridiculously overpriced Moshi one too.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I ordered this exact keyboard cover and received it on Friday. It's amazing, couldn't ask for anything better. Apparently it's better than the ridiculously overpriced Moshi one too.
glad you like it! I almost want to buy another as back up. Good things always seem to disappear on the market, just like the favorite tv show you want back on. ;)

M5RahuL

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2009
Colorado
I bought this a few months ago [ same price!! and Prime too lol ] for my 15" cMBP and it's pretty good for what its supposed to do .... However, I just don't like the feel of any skin on the keyboard so it just sits around now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.