Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Hello, there's a lot of dust and small things that get on my MBP and they are hard to clean off :(, so I want to get a cover for my MBP. What's the best protector for my MBP?

By the way, I mean a keyboard protector that is used when you use the MBP. One example is this.

Last edited:

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2011
I absolutely love my Moshi Clearguard. Also, if you want something similar but cheaper, check out the Rearth Verco, or the Cosmos TPU Macbook Keyboard protector on Amazon. Best of luck!

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Hm…considering Moshi now.

Any other ideas? Has anyone seen the one I showed as an example before?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Respectfully I understand the allure of complete protection, as offered by those types that remain on while you type.

Yet that said, I find Apples keyboards so comfortable, fast & fun, I simply cannot imagine covering it up with anything that effects ones speed, accuracy & tactile sensation.

I buy my Macs to enjoy while I use them, not to keep them pristine for the next owner to benefit from. Never do mine see abuse or careless handling, but then again I never feel a desire to eat or place drinks nearby when I'm working.

I simply get up, stretch and move around while drinking. The activity is good for ones health.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Respectfully I understand the allure of complete protection, as offered by those types that remain on while you type.

Yet that said, I find Apples keyboards so comfortable, fast & fun, I simply cannot imagine covering it up with anything that effects ones speed, accuracy & tactile sensation.

I buy my Macs to enjoy while I use them, not to keep them pristine for the next owner to benefit from. Never do mine see abuse or careless handling, but then again I never feel a desire to eat or place drinks nearby when I'm working.

I simply get up, stretch and move around while drinking. The activity is good for ones health.

I respect your stance on this. However, food and drinks are near my Mac often. Also, dust particles (especially of the small kind) get on my keys very often, which is irritating. It's even worse when the dust gets on the sides (and then underneath) the key. :mad: I'm an addict for cleanliness.

On another note, the Moshi clear guard suggested to me is apparently very minimal (as said by many) and feels great.

gakuran hitori

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2008
Definitely get Moshi ClearGuard. I've been using one for a while and I really like it. I got a cheap $2 silicone cover before this and it made the keys feel so gummy and sticky that it slowed down my typing a lot. Moshi ClearGuard is pretty expensive for what it is, but I think it's a good investment and most of the cheaper covers are just bad.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I respect your stance on this. However, food and drinks are near my Mac often. Also, dust particles (especially of the small kind) get on my keys very often, which is irritating. It's even worse when the dust gets on the sides (and then underneath) the key. :mad: I'm an addict for cleanliness.

On another note, the Moshi clear guard suggested to me is apparently very minimal (as said by many) and feels great.

im wonder why an addict for cleanliness has food and open drinks around their electronics?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA

Likewise, I respect your position and would enjoy reading a report once you've received the Moshi cover.

I do know they've improved the product as new materials have been developed, yet no one at work (and we have at least 20 MBA's and even more MBP's) use this product.

I'm sure others in my engineering group will also be interested in your review and opinion once you've used it. Especially those who unlike myself are not so picky about keeping food away and could benefit from a Moshi if it is not too intrusive regarding typing speed and comfort.

Cheers... :)

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I have the Moshi cover for my MBP and it works fine. Yes, it feels a little different than typing on the bare keyboard. I got used to it pretty quickly, though. I've had it for several months now and have no complaints.

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2011
I'll record and edit a video review of it once I get home this evening so that you get a better feel of what its like in person. I'll link you once I upload it.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I'll record and edit a video review of it once I get home this evening so that you get a better feel of what its like in person. I'll link you once I upload it.

That would actually be nice! :D

----------

im wonder why an addict for cleanliness has food and open drinks around their electronics?

…I just realized the ironic nature of this, now that you mention it. :eek:

----------

Moshi Keyguard. Been using it for years and its still durable!

Love it!

There's a lot of people recommending Moshi. Must be pretty good. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.