Best keyboard for iPad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by patent10021, Nov 5, 2013.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Wasn't there talk of apple releasing a keyboard specifically for the iPad? Maybe I dreamt it? Anyway what's the best keyboard for the iPad out there? Is it Bluetooth? Wifi? Dock connector enabled?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I use the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac. Works great for sitting around the house and did not cost me anything. Not convenient for travel purposes, but then again I do not mind the touch screen keyboard.

4. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

looks good. question...I would really like it if the regular keyboard shortcuts would work i.e. cmd-r for browser refresh etc. Is this possible with an iOS paired Apple wireless setup? This post for example. I can't click the tab key to get to the submit button then hit enter to submit.

5. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I have my doubts that iOS even knows about keyboard shortcuts. But I can try it when I get home.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have been very happy with this one from Logitech

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/tablet-keyboard-ipad?crid=1240

I got it on sale for $39.99 so that helps. I had an off brand BT keyboard that was a bad copy of the Apple keyboard. I was not a fan at all. The Logitech feels pretty close to the Apple BT keyboard that I use with my Mac Mini.

I like not have to carry it around all the time like I would have to if it was part of my case.

7. boomdog macrumors regular

boomdog

There are some specific iPad keyboard shortcuts that help to navigate but for me it was too confusing switching from the normal shortcuts to IOS shortcuts. I frequently switch between my iPad and computer so it wasn't worth the frustration. If you use the iPad a lot with an external keyboard, I think they could potentially be really useful, just not for me.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/10/01/ipad-keyboard-navigation-shortcuts/