Best keyboard + mouse for Mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AluminumMB, Oct 17, 2011.

1. AluminumMB macrumors regular

I got a MacBook Air 11" and just bought a 23" Samsung LED monitor. I need help buying a keyboard and mouse, please advise

thank you

2. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Depends on how you'll set it up. If you go the "clamshell" approach, and the MBA is closed, then I'd opt for an Apple wireless kb, and a MagicPad. That way you can use gestures.

If not, just use the MBA as your primary, and the 23" as an additional display. Then use the kb/trackpad built in, so you can use gestures, etc.

My 2 cents [well, actually 3...inflation].

3. AluminumMB thread starter macrumors regular

I am using the MBA as closed. Is the magic pad a good replacement for a mouse though?

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

Do you enjoy using your trackpad on the MBA? If so, you would probably enjoy using the magic trackpad. Are you running Lion or Snow Leopard, cause I feel that gestures in Lion are amazing and almost prefer a trackpad to a traditional mouse on Lion. But that's me. But at home, I use an Apple wireless keyboard and a Logitech M510 wireless mouse on my iMac. I love using both.

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

[​IMG]

The best. Can be used any way up. I have 5 in this colour and 2 more in red. Sends your cursor in the direction that Steve intends.

6. AluminumMB thread starter macrumors regular

Going to pick up the magic trackpad tonight

I am running Lion
    thanks

7. AluminumMB thread starter macrumors regular

Just picked up the trackpad
    it works awesome, better than i thought
    quite pricey though!

Also it doesn't work on my mouse pad which has a wrist pad. So I am using it bare. Still getting used to it but its amazing for lion...I hope Apple doesn't stop supporting it

Now I need a keyboard. Right now I have my MacBook Air on the left of me. Do the new Apple wireless keyboards have the Lion shortcuts on the Function keys?

8. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/
    the picture tells all. [YES!!]