Best Kickstarter Story

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xraytech, May 14, 2012.

1. gregrose macrumors 6502

No Thanks, these kickstarters are starting to get annoying also :)
    I do back Pebble watch though!

2. xraytech, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012

xraytech thread starter macrumors 68030

Well the beauty of this project is that the product is made in the US with local materials. Yes, only 30 people but that's 30 less unemployed people in the US. I hope this project takes off.

Not sure if the Pebble is going to be produced in the US but my guess is NO.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The leather is really nice, and I appreciate the worksmanship that goes into this product, but I personally have no need for this. I just hold the iPad by gripping it by two edges with both hands, and I've never felt the need to hold it with just one hand.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

not the best kickstart story, but is nice and is fully made in USA.

5. mcdj, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I don't get the design. If I'm sitting with the iPad resting on my lap, I naturally grab one or both edges, with my fingers curling around the back side of the iPad. In that position, my fingers barely reach 1/3 the way across the back.

The strap for this case runs horizontally across the center of the back. In order hold the iPad securely using this case, I'd have to put almost my entire hand across the back. Even trying that with no case is awkward, and I can feel my hand cramping immediately.

The thing needs 4 straps. 2 on each edge of the back in both vertical and landscape positions. As it stands now, the center strap may be good for a handle for picking it up, but certainly not for holding while sitting.

I also don't buy the story. Since when does Apple fly people (or even invite them to fly themselves) cross country to Cupertino just to tell them their accessory design is great? And their advice to her was...Kickstarter?

6. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68030

Uhm... She's sitting and holding...

[​IMG]

7. qCzar macrumors regular

I'm not sold on the idea; There are plenty of other handle cases on the market but there are aspects I'd buy it for. One advantage I see with this handle is that only the corners of the iPad fit in, so does this mean it is "compatible" with other cases? If I have a case on my iPad will it work without taking the case off? If the answer is yes, I'm sold.

Not really a concern, but why is the $40 pledge only limited to 100 backers? $45 is a great deal but if I don't want to "model" I shouldn't have to pay the 5 extra bucks if the 100 slots for the $40 runs out.

Then there's the couples pledge. Pay $85 for two. The cases MSRP is going to be 60 and the MSRP of the couples pack is going to be 119.90 (according to the Kickstarter page/pledge info), so why isn't the couples package 80 or maybe even 75? If shipping was included in the 85, alright, but you have to tack on an extra 4 bucks (really, to any pledge placed).

Those are just nitpicks, though I wish them luck in this endeavor.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, but how comfortable is that position over an extended period? What happens if you try to hold that position for 15 minutes? An hour?

9. apple4kim macrumors member

apple4kim

I think this is a slick design. Better than many cheap and useless cases.

10. Ryler macrumors newbie

11. mcdj, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I did some armchair investigating into the people behind this project and there are some very odd inconsistencies in their digital trail. I'd stay away from this project.

12. glen e macrumors 68030

I Don't believe the "sitting at apple" part either....