Best kind of case for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by BJB Productions, Sep 3, 2010.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hey everyone,
    I recently ordered the iPod Touch 4g, and I'm trying to figure out what case I want to get. At the moment, I know cases are very hard to come by for it since it's not even shipping yet. I know I would like to get a screen protector on the front, but I'm not sure about the back yet. Basically I'm wondering what the best kind of case is to protect my iPod from falls, scratches, etc, but still keep it's shape thin.

Here's one case a found: http://www.sourcingmap.com/black-si...gle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=usfroogle

2. kelving525 macrumors regular

So far, the best protector is those 99cents cheap silicone case on eBay until something better (Speck, Griffin, Belkin) comes out. Have to protect it somehow, right?

3. rohit6060 macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I'm planning to buy a skin for ipod touch 4(whenever I get it).I've had a 1st gen touch for 2 years and I know how it scratches,specially the back.I'm considering 4 diff. manufacturers. Gadgetshieldz,bestskinsever,bodyguardz & zagg.
    I don't mind how complicated the process is,I'll manage putting it on..
    I have following 2 major consideration:
    1.It should be absolutely clear and invisible.I don't want to mess around with all these pixels I'm paying for...
    2.I really love these glass displays in all of apple multitouch devices.Hence the skin should give least of that rubber like feel and more like original.
    I would seriously appreciate comments from people who have used either all or most of them...
    I'm considering 1 more option.If I put the skin only on the back and go for a pouch smthng like zagg ultraslim..Will that be a good option?Can all these pouches really be sufficient to protect the screen?

4. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I am waiting for a Switcheasy Rebel, or anyother Switcheasy case for that matter.

6. vonfirmath macrumors newbie

I store my PDAs in my purse -- and that is where my ipod Touch will go as well. So I need screen protection of some sort. Any suggestions?

7. PoolHorse macrumors newbie

i bought a belkin clear case. its totally durable and looks good.

8. skiltrip macrumors 68030

There's nothing specific yet for the 4th gen touch, but my wife uses this Belkin case...

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Lillia...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1284639743&sr=8-12

She used to use it for her 2nd gen. The 4th gen fits a little looser in it, but it does the job so you can throw it in your purse/bag protected without worry. The velcro closure is great and makes sure you're screen is free from harm.

Definitely worth the $15 I'd say.

9. chutch15 macrumors newbie

10. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

11. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

It has not come yet. But I got black. Will post pics when it comes.. but that could be more than a week.

12. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

So I ordered a purple case, since I thought black was too dull and sky blue was too bright. CAD $1.05 total. :cool: