Best knockoff silicone, leather & Milanese loop bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by ssledoux, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Just wanting to get a few bands and curious as to which ones others have liked.

Thanks!

2. doboy, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016

doboy macrumors 68000

3. sdz macrumors 6502

what is the reason, the original one is 25 times more expensive?
    I read that the knockoffs for example break quickly and you risk losing your apple watch.

4. doboy macrumors 68000

Yes, the price is cheaper than paying tax for the Apple branded loop. Even the OEM can break and if you are worried you can always buy an AppleCare with the savings.

5. hufflepuffpastry macrumors newbie

hufflepuffpastry

I love this knockoff Milanese, it has iridescent coloring like an oil slick.

Some have been concerned the magnet might come out of the end, but this magnet will not pass through, it's too thick and the magnet is very strong.

Attached Files:

6. yanki01, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

$5.99 with Prime for the 42mm silver too. I ordered it last night, no brainier. basically paying just shipping. I also got a MoKo leather loop band for $9.99 and got $1 off the total order for buying two MoKo bands. $14.98 for two bands with Prime, can't beat it.

7. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

Does this band also scratch the underside of the Apple Watch like the OEM band is claimed to do?

8. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

9. doboy macrumors 68000

I don't see how a Milanese Loop can scratch the underside of the watch.

10. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

My guess is that people are taking the watch off and setting it somewhere such that the band is underneath the watch bottom

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

that would be a given on any metal band. not worried about the scratches under my watch though. mine is on the charger so that blocks it from resting on the SS band.

12. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

I ordered several Moko bands from Amazon. Had a problem with one, and they sent me another within 2 days via PRIME.

They were out of stock of the black Milanese, so I ordered from JETech, not as good as the stainless steel from Moko. So I returned it and ordered from top4cus, no go -- returned. Finally Moko had the black Milanese in stock and I ordered it. Much better than the other two.

Moko's leather loop bands are pretty similar to the Apple bands. The silicone bands are slightly thinner, but there is no discernible difference once you're wearing it.

I did order a band from Clockwork Synergy, and the leather is very good. Their customer service even let me exchange it for a band with different color adapters even though I bought it from Amazon at half the price they sell it on their own site.

13. pkahleeb, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016

pkahleeb macrumors regular

pkahleeb

What was bad about the top4cus Milanese band? I ordered a JETECH Milanese and I noticed it was snagging on clothing and fabric. It also is loose on a Stainless Steel Series 2 Watch where it was not in an Aluminum Series 1.

For Moko, I really love their silver with black ceramic band so I would definitely give their Milanese a shot. What makes it the best in your opinion?
    (edit: it may not matter. Doesn't look like they stock this item on Amazon any longer)

14. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

The black Milanese comes and goes on Amazon, that's why I didn't order the Moko band first.

Top4cus band was a little less flexible. It also seemed to hold bends in the band that were difficult to smooth out. If I laid the band down with part of it folded over, when I would straighten it, the fold was still visible.

15. sh0ebox macrumors member

16. pkahleeb macrumors regular

pkahleeb

Good reviews. I cannot stand these third party sport knockoff bands that only come in the S/M size. I have to put it on on the last or next to last hole and I prefer to have more band to tuck under.

Do any of these knockoffs offer the larger band, like Apple does? Does anyone use the same material as Apple does? I don't like how Silicone attracts some much lint and dust.

Regarding the Milanese loop, with no MOKO available and the Spigen isn't available, what is there to buy that is good? I have the JETech and it is just ok. There have been some snags on fabric and the fit isn't exactly tight on a Stainless Steel Silver Series 2 42mm.

17. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

None of the bands I have seen on Amazon have the same finish to the material as Apple does. That said, I'd rather pay $49 for 4 or 5 good enough bands since the band is not the product. I view it like an iPhone case...

18. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

Moko Milanese from Amazon. really great fit and feel. strong magnet.

IMG_6569.JPG

19. pkahleeb macrumors regular

pkahleeb

It's a shame they aren't selling this on Amazon any more :(

20. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

yeah i'm not sure what happened? did they run out of stock and waiting for more to come in?

21. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

I bought the SS and black. Both are nice. The silicone sport bands have been a mixed bag from them. I ordered a white 42mm sport band from LNKOO on Amazon, and the quality is a step up from MOKO. As I've posted before, the color of the band seems to be as important - if not more - than the brand. It seems like some of these sellers source their products from different manufacturers.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2016 ---
    Comes back into stock very often

22. doboy macrumors 68000

All of their silicone bands are no longer available too. I wonder if they got sued or decided not to sell through Amazon. I'm glad I got 3 Milanese from them :)

23. pkahleeb macrumors regular

pkahleeb

I emailed them and still haven't heard back. I am afraid that it is just not being sold by them anymore. It isn't showing as out of stock but only available from other sellers.

24. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

It looks like they don't have any Apple Watch band on Amazon all of a sudden...

Edit: I see they still have other bands beside silicone and Milanese, but something is going on...

25. pkahleeb macrumors regular

pkahleeb

Not sure if this is the same Moko, but this page only lists a couple of bands for Apple Watch.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2016 ---
    Just an update about the Milanese bands from Moko. I just got a response from their Customer Service that I sent out many days ago:

"Sorry those bands will be no longer sold again.

Best Regards,
    Carrie"

I sent the question to cs@mokocases.com. I got the address from their responses in comments on Amazon. Their response came from bscamazonstore@gmail.com. I would imagine that they may be stopping most bands at this time.

Very bummed out as I really wanted a 42mm Silver Milanese from them. Anyone suggest a different brand? My JETech one is just okay.