Best knockoff sports bands?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Knightcastle, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Title says it all - what are the best/most convincing fluoroelastomer bands you've come across?

I've bought them in the past and they've always end up unused in a drawer due to poor quality, however I've recently bought one of these and it seems fake quality has improved somewhat, very hard to distinguish from the real thing even in side-by-side comparison.

Any further insights?

2. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Most of the third party sports bands I’ve seen and used are made of cheap silicone rather than something more similar to apple’s propietary fluorelastomer. This results in the bands being way less sturdy feeling and more sticky (lint collector).

3. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

A lot of people in this forum loved the moko ones. I did too. Found them easy to use and light. But I note they aren’t around anymore like they used to be (is there a reason for that?

4. CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

In line with what Aml216 said, but more strongly put, I have not seen a single third party sport band made out of fluoroelastomer - they are all silicone. And beware, there are folks on here who will swear up and down that some band they bought is exactly like the corresponding Apple band, but they are not. And the company that someone ordered from 3-6 months ago may be selling bands from a different factory now. And a good percentage of them use Apple's photos, so you're not seeing the actual product you're ordering until it arrives. I've sort of lost interest in keeping track of the third-party sport bands.

5. predation macrumors 65816

6. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I just bought this one off Amazon and wear it every day at work with a space gray aluminum watch. Love it.

As for sports bands, I also bought this one and wear it at every workout. Also love it.

7. Lloydbm41 Suspended

Lloydbm41

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

^^^This
    I stopped buying 3rd party sport bands, Especially the nike knock offs.

There are some nice looking leather bands out there. Some are so thick and stiff they are next to impossible to get buckled.

My recommendation is to stay away unless you want a coordinating band for a special occasion

9. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Yup despite the reviews on Amazon I have tried about 4-5 third party bands. Both the Nike and standard sport bands. I’ll only go with Apple OEM bands from now on.

10. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I only buy OEM Apple bands, why use a garbage knock off on my expensive watch?

11. CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

To be fair, there are a number of third party bands out there that are not "garbage knockoffs", but rather nice bands. Remember, Apple does sell their OEM Apple Watch connectors to third parties, and there are some fine artisans out there. But, yeah, there are also a bunch of companies making cheap/inferior copies of Apple's designs, and those keep selling. Reminds me sometimes of the situation where people will spend $800 for a phone, but then object that $5 for a useful app to run on their phone is "outrageously overpriced".

12. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe