Best KVM switch for Mac - PC combination ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gvanvoor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. gvanvoor macrumors newbie

Hi,

Does anyone have positive hands-on experience with a KVM switch (I need at least 3 ports) usable with both Macs and PCs? I don't necessarily need audio switching (although it would be a nice bonus) but do need DVI and USB switching.

I'm currently using the 4-port Belkin SOHO, but that has the serious drawback that a) the FN key on my (apple) keyboard doesn't work and b) my (apple mighty) mouse can only scroll vertically.

I was looking at Linkskey LDV-DM714AUSK but that looks very overpriced and seems to get loads of bad reviews as far as longevity is concerned…

Last details: I'ld use it to share an (apple) keyboard, (mighty) mouse and screen (iiyama E2271HDS) between a Mac Mini (boot camp installed, hence the need for the switch's PC compatibility), a MacBook Pro and a G4 tower.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Greg.

2. rex4mac macrumors newbie

KVM switch suggestion

Hi Greg.

I suggest you can check ConnectPRO UD-14-Plus DVI KVM switch.
    The switch had been tested with iiyama E2271HDS with Mac Mini, MacBook Pro and Mac PRO tower. It is very stable with the USB DDM technology which eliminates the USB devices re-enomination issues among shared systems. I think you will like it. And I knew that ConnectPRO has free-shipping promotion now.