Best 'lapdesk' for 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cameronfield, Sep 17, 2009.

1. cameronfield macrumors member

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Don't bother with the cooling pads with fans in them, they usually won't do much to help the temperature. They'll decrease it by a few degrees, but it really isn't worth it IMO. And don't get one of the cooling pads that has rubber that touches the bottom of the computer like this one, as they will cause marks on the bottom of your laptop. I'm talking from experience here :(.

IMO get something like this or this. No fans, no noise and no rubber to mar your laptop and you'll get the benefits of a cooler running Mac by having it raised from your lap :)

3. mcmacmike macrumors member

I kind of like the look of this one from Logitech. It's very modern and sleek looking, just like the MBP.

4. GlynJones macrumors 6502

Thats the one I got and works very well.

5. tooz macrumors 6502

6. cameronfield thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tips! The logitech is a tad pricey, but I read enough reviews to sell me on it.

One plus is that I like to do homework while sitting in bed/on the couch, so the hard plastic surface will be perfect for that!

Do ya'll happen to know of anywhere I can get it for cheaper than $40?

7. timrx1983, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

timrx1983 macrumors newbie

Best 'lapdesk' for 13" MBP?

Cooling for laptops is a smart and cool idea if you want to assure that your laptop will have a longer life. For a quick comparison of accessories and solutions that can enhance the performance of your laptop, you can check out and start from this one.,:) Some of their laptop trays allow airflow under the laptop while others actively lower the temperature of your notebook for more comfortable placement on your lap.

http://www.ilapdesk.com/laptop-cooling.html

hope this will help..have a nice day ;)