Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I'm in the same boat as you, OP. Looking for a nice messenger style bag that is both not too bulky, but can comfortably hold the charger and maybe a couple of other items without it bulging through the side of the bag. Thus far, I have come up empty handed after hours of searching on Amazon and in various shops around Los Angeles. Let me know if you find one you like!

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I'm not sure about 'the best' but I use - among others - Acronym 3A-5TS's, which is probably the most useful messenger I've come across. Quick release buckles, modular interior, slick strap release, and a MOLLE exterior.

http://www.endclothing.com/us/acronym-3a-5ts-tecsys-messenger-einsatztasche-bag-3a-5ts-bk.html

The bag comes 'bare'. You'll need to add a laptop sleeve (3A-L1-13/15/17, about $300), and whatever pockets you need.

$700 for a "bare" messenger bag? Seriously? I could afford that, but there is no way I could ever justify spending that on a bag.

Last edited:

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
$700 for a "bare" messenger bag? Seriously? I could afford that, but there is no way I could ever justify spending that on a bag.

Meh. Different strokes for different folks. Acronym is a good balance of quasi-dystopian style and function for me. I'd have to say it's probably the cheaper of the bags I own tho, so if that's making you balk then I'd hate to think of the heart attack the rest would give you lol

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Definitely trying to keep my budget between $30-$60. I don't want anything fancy, just having a hard time finding something that keeps a reasonably slim profile but has enough extra room for the charger without it bulging out of the bag.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Definitely trying to keep my budget between $30-$60. I don't want anything fancy, just having a hard time finding something that keeps a reasonably slim profile but has enough extra room for the charger without it bulging out of the bag.

I ordered this one yesterday... with a promo code, I got it for $39.99 shipped... will be here Tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4OP0ZY

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I use a Brenthaven backpack. Great protection and easy to carry if I need to have a lot of accessories with me. Lots of little pockets for items.

adn rcd dly

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I've been looking for a backpack option for my 15" rMBP as the messenger bags all cut my clavicle to the core. I figure a nice distribution of weight with back support would be great along with some wider set padded straps.

I love timbuk2, but I am getting lost on all the different options.

I'd be carrying the rMBP, power, mouse, keys, wallet, hydro flask, and various cables. Nothing too bulky (except the hydro flask), but I am a train commuter.

DisraeliGears

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2015
I use a Brenthaven backpack. Great protection and easy to carry if I need to have a lot of accessories with me. Lots of little pockets for items.

Seconded here, I use a Brenthaven Briefcase with a strap for my day-to-day. Has a great padded area for my Macbook, a nice little pocket for my iPad, and plenty of pockets for chargers, notebooks, etc. Got mine on sale during Cyber Monday, so I paid like $70 I think.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Meh. Different strokes for different folks. Acronym is a good balance of quasi-dystopian style and function for me. I'd have to say it's probably the cheaper of the bags I own tho, so if that's making you balk then I'd hate to think of the heart attack the rest would give you lol

You use the words 'quasi-dystopian' and pay more than $700 for a laptop bag. Are you an imaginary person? Did you fall out of the game GTA5? I'm sure I saw a hipster like that.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
You use the words 'quasi-dystopian' and pay more than $700 for a laptop bag. Are you an imaginary person? Did you fall out of the game GTA5? I'm sure I saw a hipster like that.

Hmmm. Apparently I have to be imaginary to some, because they can't deal with it? I dunno.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.