Best Leather Chair For $150?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 30, 2008.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Alright, I'm finally sick of sitting on the wooden chair that I've used when I'm on my desktop for the last few years. I'm trying to look for a leather chair to sit on. A few things I'd like:

Extremely comfy.
    Looks nice.
    Comes in black.
    Something I can sort of lay back in and relax, instead of one that "leans me up".
    Soft leather, rather than harder kinds.
    Durable enough to last around five years. It won't be put through any kinds of abuse, but I know some can start to wear out after a while.

I'm looking to spend less than $150. I looked in Staples for chairs (I know it's not the best place to look) a while back since they had a lot. I sat on every chair there, and I found one that was perfect. I forget the brand, but it had "Memoryfoam" or something, and it looked the nicest and was very comfortable. The only problem was the $600 price tag.

Does anyone know any good leather chairs that would be good for me to use when I'm using my desktop for around/less than $150?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Most chairs you buy for that price range won't be real leather - the ones that are will be the very stiff leather, probably with cheap foam underneath. Honestly if you only want to spend $150 I would go with something other than leather - the cheap leather or vinyl will likely crack open within a year or two, and the padding will be shot. Why not get a nice soft fabric chair - I think it's the only thing you'll find comfortable and durable enough for this price... Then save up for a Herman Miller chair, you'll be happy you did!