Best Leather/Professional Case for New iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by macdude2, Mar 19, 2012.

1. macdude2 macrumors member

I'm trying to find a really nice professional leather case for my new iPad. Not terribly concerned about added weight or bulk as long as it looks nice and is high quality. I'm also willing to pay a higher price for a higher quality case, so that's not really an issue either. I'm most concerned with finding a high quality professional-looking leather case.

Anyone have suggestions?

2. Sterne macrumors member

3. macdude2 thread starter macrumors member

I've checked out both and neither are particularly appealing. I'm looking for something a little nicer.

4. Sterne macrumors member

Piel Frama? Vaja?

I've had my iPad Classic in a leather Portenzo case for the last 18 months and people constantly ask where I got it - it is a very nice piece of work. But to each his or her own. I have owned several Piel cases and while the leather is nice, I do not like the way they cover the bezel on the iPad.

Happy hunting.

Steven

5. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I am with you. I am shocked at how there are not more high quality cases. The leather grade on these cases are horrible when held by someone who knows what top grain is.

6. Sterne macrumors member

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Nicer than the higher end Maroo? The Maunga II is sweet. If that doesn't cut it, slaughter a baby lamb and wrap your iPad in it's skin. :rolleyes:

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

My wife got me a nice Maroo a few months ago for Christmas. Honestly...I find it far too fancy for the boardroom. Most CEO's I meet with that use an iPad just have a skin on the back (or a hardshell case) and a leather Smart Cover.

To each their own but I don't quite understand the whole "retro Daytimer" look for iPads.

9. drknowusa macrumors regular

Check Vaja. Their delivery times are long, but their leahet quality is super and you can fully customize the cases to your color specs.

10. jshort macrumors regular

I think we're looking for the same case. I like the Coach case and the Burberry cases but neither offer any storage inside... and I'm not a big fan of the zippers. Throw some magnets in there and be done. If Coach would add some storage I'd buy theirs..

11. cdames00 macrumors member

cdames00

12. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

How about hard graft? Not all leather, but has an interesting look to it using felt. It's around 120 euros. What's that in dollars??

13. kits macrumors member

Barton 1972

Barton 1972 make several top quality leather products for camera and Panera watch straps. Check them out. Not very smart designs like Vaja but more universal style.

14. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No, its not 'high grade leather'. But the black leather smart cover, and zagg black leatherskin cant be beat for thinness.

And it creates a simple, professional, thinkpad-ish appearance, simple all black with a little aluminum showing through.

15. oshia86 macrumors regular

Top grain what? Cowhide? I would prefer Highland Goatskin but I doubt any here know what that is, or the fact that it's pretty much the best stuff you can get for an application like this.

This guy doesn't get it.

16. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Dude scoffed at a top of the line Maroo and Portenzo. You think he would even give thought to a Zagg leather skin and smart cover? :p

17. jw6961 macrumors regular

jw6961

Check out the Orbino Padova. Pricey, but very nice.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      20.3 KB
      Views:
  18. sandydlc macrumors regular

19. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

20. RickG macrumors regular

Orbino is the best leather I have ever seen- I boguht a iphone Orbino case and it is heads above anything I have ever seen or used- totally hand made and one of a kind- I have not seen or used the ipad case but I'm sure the quality can't be matched...

21. jw6961 macrumors regular

jw6961

I have the Orbino Padova for my iPad & the quality of the leather is amazing.. I also have the Orbino Pantera case for my iPhone 4S. I'm always getting compliments on the cases.

22. cinca macrumors regular

If you are looking for something that can accommodate for more than just your new iPad I would recommend a case called The Wallet from Happy Owl Studios.

I went with something a little less fancy but I must admit it was hard for me to pass up on this case and I still might yet pick it up.

The reason I like it is that it seems like an "all day" case that would allow me to throw in my cell phone, some business cards, a stylus, etc. I guess it's a cross between a wallet, an iPad case and a very small briefcase. I don't know that I would have my iPad in it all the time but if I had a job that had me in and out of the office/meeting with clients/etc. I could definitely see throwing my iPad in this case before I headed off to work and having it in here all day.

http://www.happyowlstudio.com/collections/all/products/the-wallet-for-ipad-2

Best of luck finding the perfect case.

Attached Files:

23. jsolares macrumors 6502a

If you want it really thin yeah probably, but those saddlebackleather.com ones look great and will protect them just by virtue of being so thick.

24. cinca macrumors regular

I would definitely throw in a vote to check out Vaja cases. I had one for my iPad 1 and loved it. The leather is top notch and, at the time, the designs were quite progressive and unique.

Compliments and recommendations aside – I will say that in the past year or two there are just so many cases on the market – made from such good materials – with so many features and different designs – that I don't know I can as easily recommend Vaja cases. They are definitely still some of the best looking and most luxurious and a premium cases feel but there are just so many more options it's hard to find something that isn't a slightly better fit for a given person's usage and lifestyle and design aesthetic..

25. LostAggie macrumors 6502

I think Beyza cases is the way to go I had one for the iPad 2 and it was wonderful. I will probably get one for the new iPad once the magnets have been verified to work. I sent an email to their headquarters and they said it did I just like to see it verified in the real world.