Best local setup for web design browser testing?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by macronerd, May 6, 2008.

1. macronerd macrumors newbie

I'm currently running vmware fusion and it's been great so far, but i'm wondering if there's a better solution for local browser testing. I'm running Leopard and I have 2 virtual machines running IE6 & IE7. For testing php apps, I have MAMP on Leopard, and XXAMP on the IE6 & IE7 machines. What I've been doing so far is initial development and testing for Firefox and Safari in Leopard. I then open up my Virtual Shard Folders on the IE6/7 machines to test those browsers. But to test anything with PHP, I have to copy my files from the MAMP htdocs into the XXAMP htdocs. This seems to be a waste of time and wondering if there's a faster way. I would like to keep this testing locally rather than uploading to a web host. Any ideas?

2. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I'm interested in others' thoughts as well. This sounds like my work-flow at work, minus xxamp on windows. I don't really do much php stuff. But if there was an easy way to sync it across the virtual machines and your leopard working files, that would be helpful.