Best lock screen apps? And calendar enhancement apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stampax, Aug 3, 2010.

1. stampax macrumors member

Just after some advice - i gather there are quite a few apps that change your lock screen to show a variety of information, and just wondered what the best was.
    I would like it to be free, and calendar information is a must.

And whilst i'm here - are there any apps that would enable you to add a bit more to the calendar reminders - when they pop up on the lock screen I would really like a snooze for 15 minute option!

Thanks very much!

(oh running 3gs with ios4 btw)

2. doolin.nc macrumors member

LockInfo, for your first request, is widely popular. Not sure about the calendar, though.

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind. Didn't see the free part. :(

3. icharry macrumors newbie

not free but +1 to LockInfo...

It puts all my upcoming events from iCal on the lockscreen - so I always know what my wife has added to the schedule... always know where to be and when to be there.

You can add all kinds of other info: new emails, texts, missed calls, twitter, weather and more... but seriously the $5 makes me actually USE my ical...

best $5 I've spent - even from Apple app store

4. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Agreed, it was the best money spent on an app for my iPhone. Can't live without it. Did not find anything free that compared.

5. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

6. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

From what I can see there are mainly LockInfo and intelliscreen. I have the demo for IS up right now and it seems to work pretty good. Is there a definitive better lockscreen or does it come down to preference? Why would one choose one over the other.

I read somewhere that IS works good with bitesms, how does this work?

I mainly use the screen for calendar, sms, and email, thats about it.

7. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

lockinfo is really popular, but i'd installed (& bought) intelliscreen, which i really like. it does more than i need (better than less than...!), and works fine on my 3gs (4.0.1).

8. stampax thread starter macrumors member

Well i'm not really against paying for decent software - but if i pay for something through the app store, i can download it again for free at a later date no problem if my iphone crashes and I need to restore it - how does this work with cydia? Would I have to pay again?

9. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i just moved from an ipod touch to an iphone, and was able to install intelliscreen (and for that matter, wifi sync) based on my previous purchase. had to NOT have it active on the touch first of course...

10. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

Totally new to this myself but from what I can tell is that if you purchase an APP with Rock tie in, it keeps your credentials etc. so you can reinstall etc. Here is a link to the Rock store: http://rockyourphone.com/

11. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I have a related issue with Lockinfo and would appreciate any advice. I have downloaded and installed Lockinfo through Rock yet it's not showing up under Settings so i have no way of enabling/configuring it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with no luck--also soft and hard reboots. I'm running iOS 4.01 on an iPhone 4.

I've successfully installed SBSettings, Intelliscreen (only after Lockinfo wouldn't work, not trying to run both), and BiteSMS and all worked perfectly.

Anyone else have any problems installing Lockinfo or have suggestions on what I'm missing? Intelliscreen seems OK but I use 2Do and would like to try out its integration with Lockinfo.

My apologies to the OP for the mild thread hijack.

12. KandyKane macrumors 6502

+1 LockInfo
    When you pay the $5 you also get 3 licences to be able to run it on up to 3 devices and even transfer licences. I have it on my iPhone 4, 3GS and *had* it on the iPad (wasn't fully working so I uninstalled for now).
    If you restore your phone or add a new one, you just type in the email address you used when you purchased it.

I've never used Rock blah blah as I heard it was unstable? I got mine through Cydia and it's always appeared right away in Settings.

13. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

+1 lockinfo! Never uninstalling it, I cant live without it now. And SBSettings for quick access to almost anything

14. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Is LockInfo or Intelliscreen better?
    I'm curious, how does she add to your calendar? Is it remotely or directly on the phone?

15. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Lock Info.

16. iOwnThis macrumors newbie

Try iOwnThis iPhone app

Try iOwnThis. It follows Apple's style with no annoying colour schemes etc, just plain and simple stylish recovery banner information.

:apple: www.facebook.com/iOwnThisApp