Best lockinfo/todo list combo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pwb2103, Sep 19, 2010.

1. pwb2103 macrumors member

Does anyone use any of the todo list plugins with lockinfo? If so how do you like the setup?
    I'm trying to find a good way to handle todo lists and I'm looking for a method with the following:
    1. Shows my todo items on lockinfo
    2. Lets me add todos on my phone and on my computer
    3. Changes are pushed to my computer and my phone

actually I probably don't even need a list because thats it. I just want a totally simple todo list that will show up on lock info and also let me add todos from my computer. Don't think I'm ready to buy all the options just to try them out for 10 minutes and find out they don't work.

2. revirus macrumors member

revirus

I am using "2Do" and plugin for lockinfo. It works great.
    You can find more info via google.

3. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

4. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

oops. Looks like I was lazy and not clear enough in my first post. What I should have said was:

I know that lockinfo offers compatible plugins for Things, 2do, and Appigo Todo. I have googled around and looked at the websites from each companies app but still don't feel like I know enough to pull the trigger and buy any. I am posting to ask if anyone who uses one of these three could say a little bit about their experience and how well they fit into your daily workflow, how well they sync to your computer, and how good the lockinfo integration is.

Thanks for the earlier posts though!

5. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

I've been using Things for about a year now and absolutely love it. Both Mac and iPhone apps are very slick and the syncing works flawlessly. The LockInfo plugin does its job though it only displays items on today's todo list (don't think you can change this right now). The combined price of both apps may be a deal breaker for some but I really like the apps from Cultured Code, so it's worth it for me.

6. TJone macrumors 6502a

I am using Appigo Todo. I don't know why but Things would not work for me because of a DB error but Todo does work well.

7. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

Well I've been trying out the lite version Apigo Todo but it doesn't seem to sync unless you open the app. I guess I'll have to decide between things and 2do. 5 and 10 bucks is a decent amount to shell out for something that might not even work.

8. TJone macrumors 6502a

That is strange - mine seems to sync perfectly all the time and shows all my pending todo's but I have the full version. I hope you have more luck with Things and 2do - both would not work for me and I could not save any todo items and became money wasted.

9. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I use LockInfo and 2Do and it works great. No need to open 2Do regularly to keep items in LockInfo, it all happens automatically. The plugin shows the group a task is in, it's priority, name, and due date. The only complaint I have is the tiny LockInfo 2Do icon isn't in iPhone 4 resolution. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

You don't have to take my word for it, though. Just grab 2Do lite. The full version is 50% off now, so that's a plus as well.

I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about todo items not being saved in 2Do, and I read tons of reviews (I paid $7, so I wanted to make sure it was good). TJone's two apps from different developers with the exact same bug sounds weird to me.

10. TJone macrumors 6502a

It is weird that both apps had similar problems for me - both would not let me save anything. It is probably a conflict with some other JB apps I have installed on my phone but I never figured it out and reboots did not help. Chances are all 3 of these todo apps would work work fine for most people. For the LockInfo icons I made a Retina versions for Todo and I think all of them have been updated to support newer Retina LockInfo icons... I tried the same todo icon for 2Do and it worked (before I tried adding tasks).

[​IMG]

11. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

wow, I definitely appreciate the info, somehow now I am more confused than ever though. I think assume the issue must just be that the lite versions don't include the specific feature I want to try out. Gimzotoy, if you are saying that I can install 2do, add a todo item on toodledo.com, and then see show up on my lockscreen without ever having to even unlock my phone then I'm sold.

This is the first time that I have really wished apple would implement the "try it for 24 hours" approach the andriod market place uses... these lite apps seem to be confusing me and pushing me away from the full versions instead of encouraging me to buy.

Thanks again for all the help

12. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Yeah, the advanced features are going to be reserved for the full versions.

That said, the case here where you mention syncing with Toodledo without opening the app... that's not going to work with any plugin. The Toodledo sync code exists in the Todo/2Do/Things app itself, where the plugin just reads the app's data file/database. You'd need a much more advanced plugin to do what you're asking, as the plugin itself would need to reverse-engineer and re-implement the sync function of the app.

The case I was discussing was where you have many Todos, but haven't opened the program in awhile. The 2Do plugin will pull the todos with the most recent due date, regardless of how long it's been since you opened the app last.

13. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

I was afraid of that. Right now I use my calendar as a todo list by just putting things I need to do in as upcoming dates... It is great because I can manage it on my computer with iCal and then see it on my lockscreen without any effort. Really had hoped there was a way to something similar but with a todo list.

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder how the calendar pluggins manage it... I assume it is less the plugin and more so that the app needs to run in the background

14. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I would like to see 2do sync with MM calendars natively without any third party apps. 4.0 introduced API's to the iPhone calendar database and to my knowledge there is not one app that utilizes it yet.

Please do correct me if I am mistaken.

15. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Not sure. This doesn't work on my phone. If I add a new item in iCal, it doesn't make it onto my phone calendar until I sync the phone. I'm not sure how you established an instantaneous link.

16. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

I use mobileme to sync through the cloud, although you can set it up to run through gcal just as well if you don't want to shell out $100 a year. I can add entries on ical then when i look at my lockscreen a few minutes later they area already there. Its a great way to make sure I don't miss anything.

17. The Highlander macrumors 6502

You can sync using google calendar and their google sync... It works flawlessly and wonderfully.