Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Hello,

I just got my iPhone 14 Pro Max and I’m finding best camera app for long exposure photos. Something like Spectre camera. It should support 30+ secs exposure.

Is it possible to use long exposure with telephoto or ultra-wide sensor? Or to shot long exposure photos in 48 MPx ProRAW?

Camera M

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2018
USA
I do not think there are any out yet since the developers are working hard on the update still.
From our findings, 48 MP capture is tricky, with lots of exceptions.

Reactions: iRaynor SK and max2

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Spectre camera is good, but it does not provide higher number of seconds of exposition, like 30+. Maybe it had changed in the recent past, I got refund from Apple after checking it out (I’m from EU)

Camera M: hello again, I use your app, can’t wait to test next update for iPhone 14 Pro 🙂 any ETA?

Reactions: Camera M

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Has Camera M been updated to do long exposure with 48mp? Does it do long exposures at all? I didn’t see it mentioned in the App Store.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Has Camera M been updated to do long exposure with 48mp? Does it do long exposures at all? I didn’t see it mentioned in the App Store.
App Store is showing a Wednesday @ 9pm PST release time for their v6.1 update with 48mp support

Attachments

• IMG_1592.PNG
    IMG_1592.PNG
    870.6 KB · Views: 132

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Great, but does the app do long exposure shots? I don’t see the term long exposure anywhere in the app description.

Camera M

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Great, but does the app do long exposure shots? I don’t see the term long exposure anywhere in the app description.

We do not offer long exposure functionality yet. Currently, 1.0 seconds is the longest exposure duration in Camera M, which is the real hardware max shutter speed.

We want to bring in something new to the table if we do a long exposure mode. Currently, developers do not have access to the night mode capability the native camera app has, which we believe is thee best far as processing goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.