Best-looking display for $100-200?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anti-microsoft, Apr 25, 2012.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good-looking display that integrates well with Apple's design aesthetic and is in the range of $100-200. I've been looking at NEC monitors (since Apple features one of their monitors on the BYODKM section of their Mac Mini product page) but haven't found something straight-forward and well designed enough to suit my tastes.

The ideal size I'm looking for is 24" (although 20", 22" and 23" sizes are also good) but resolution should be 1920x1080.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

not sure exactly the cost of things in the states but try and get an IPS display, i have a dell u2311h and its a great product, might be out of your budget though.

You realise a 24" will have the same resolution as the 22, 23... so i can't see what you would gain from a bigger screen.

NEC have a good reputation but tend to be pretty pricey here in the UK, for the good ones anyway.

I have always gone with dell and have had no issues.

3. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I Just picked up a LG LED-IPS Display for $199, 23 inch, 1920x1080 and its the best Display Ive ever had it looks great!

4. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks guys. I'm actually buying in the UK so price range is £130 - £220. I had looked at dell in the past but I had a look recently and they don't sell (at least online) the displays I used to like!

On Amazon.co.uk there's an Acer display on sale that is good value for money (£120) and isn't ugly... It's just not what I'm looking for though.

Thanks again, thread is still open.

5. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

Do you have a model number to that? And when you transfer a file or a window does it magnify it and look blown up?

6. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

no it does not, as far as I can tell, everythings crispt and clear. Beautiful colors to.

Model: LG IPS235

7. jefftb macrumors newbie

Are you using DVI or HDMI input on this monitor? I am having terrible luck with HDMI.

8. jefftb macrumors newbie

Have you used this one with and HDMI cable?

9. jacob-07 macrumors regular

I have this monitor and use it through HDMI. I just got it a couple of days ago from new egg so I haven't spent a whole lot of time on it, but so far my experience has been pleasant.

10. hkim1983 macrumors 6502

What exactly are you looking for in this monitor? What will you be using it for? Are you sensitive to AG coating?

It's hard to give a good recommendation without knowing these parameters first.

11. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Its ok guys, thanks for your help. Ended up buying an iMac instead of a MacBook so an external display is not needed anymore.