Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
i think that looks sweet. To me it doesn't actually look black (if it's supposed to be). I see it as a dark, gunmetal color which i think is very cool in that picture, but may disapoint in not so emotional lighting. :)

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
I think the MacBooks look good with other colors on them because the keys are individual now, so it looks good. on the colorwarepc.com site you can see it, they look awesome.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
markkk! said:
it looks constipated.

i like aluminum macbook pros.

soooo is this suppose to look black?

...looks like copper. ew.
I think you mean silver. Its actually glossy silver and it looks awesome imho
:)

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
markkk! said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: MacBook Pros are aluminum...that is painted.
Its not painted. Its just reversed. Are we even talking about the same thing? I was trying to say that it (the 'Book posted by the OP) didnt look copper at all, but rather, it looks like a glossy silver, almost black.

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Yeah, that's the general idea that entered my mind. In fact, for a good example, just look at the new gunmetal RAZR's from Verizon. Little bit darker than that, but that's the same look I was thinking of with this pic.

jW

taybone

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I don't like it all that much, the aluminum is perfect. With the rumor around saying the MacBook Pros casing is changing, it might indeed go black, yet another reason for me to go ahead and buy one now and not wait for merom...silver rules! Plus, we need it the nice silver color to separate it from the lower-end blackbook...

ElCamino

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2006
Cali
Well this isn't a MacBook Pro but just my Custom iBook G4 that I did. Installed a SuperDrive, 120GB hard drive, and 1.5GB of RAM with custom candy blue paint.

Attachments

• CIMG7565.jpg
    CIMG7565.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 268

ElCamino

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2006
Cali
Thanks Markkk yeah it took me about 3 days to finish the painting it looks like car paint job finish here is couple more pictures hopefully you can see it better if not I will do another one.

Attachments

• CIMG7857.jpg
    CIMG7857.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG7869.jpg
    CIMG7869.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.