Best low-cost USB Type-C to USB A solution?

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Want to get an adapter or something like that for the 2017 MacBook Pro.

What do you guys use?
Depends on your needs. I grabbed a couple of Apple's USB-C to USB-A adapters for the odd occasion I need them, then got new cables for HDD, Camera, HDMI etc. Far easier for me. I also prefer the Apple adapter as it sticks away from the machine, so there's no stress or weakness on the connection.

Some people prefer to use a dock which has USB-A ports on it, again I don't really use anything other than an occasional memory stick so something like that is bulky to me. But there's plenty of multi USB-A adapters, or whole docks with various ports on it.

And lastly some people just replace all their cables. They're not much, and you can grab the few basic ones you need quite easily.

If you're after just a single USB-C to USB-A adapter, there's hundreds. Again personally I don't like several things jammed together for stress reasons, but they start at something like $5, so you can grab a couple happily enough.

Reactions: pixelatedscraps

meboy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2012
$1 shipped from China on eBay.

But note that all adapters for all use don't work perfectly.
Much better off using cable with native ports if possible.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
I've swapped out all my old USB-A cables with USB-C ones. Most of them are just a few dollars. Never used a dongle on my 2017 MBP unless it is for HDMI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.