Best low-profile 13-in Macbook Air stand?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by halfbeer, May 10, 2014.

1. halfbeer, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014

halfbeer macrumors newbie

Looking for a decent looking, low profile, practical, affordable stand for 2013 13" Macbook Air.

We had been using an old 15" cooler master stand for the old windows laptop, but the Air slips off of the rubber pads. The mStand gets good reviews, but it is already raised on the bar to arm level, so that would be too high.

I was thinking about the eLago L3 Aluminum/Silver, but even on sale at $40 it is a little expensive for what it is. The back will be facing the main area of the kitchen, and I am not sure that I like the holes in the back. Also that comes in Silver and L4 Silver and I don't know which would look more like the Air. Most importantly, I think the metal lip on the bottom might get in the way of my wrists.

Something like the Opteka X-Stand/Ergonomic Aluminium Portable Foldable Cooling X-Stand for 12"-17" Laptops, Notebook PC, MacBook might be good, but I think the two bottom side hooks would get really get in the way of my wrists. Anyone tried that?

So, I just need some thing nice that is 0-2cm high on the bottom side and maybe ~3-4cm high on the top side, that holds it steady even with a child pressing quickly on the upper right/left keys at times.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. shante1012 macrumors newbie

shante1012

3. stfwayne macrumors regular

I was also looking at the mStand but many website reviews say it is not sturdy if typing on a MB Air while it is on the stand

Ive looked into this stand and it seems pretty good for the money:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...lectronics&rh=i:electronics,k:3m laptop stand
    But I probably will end up going with the mStand