Best Mac Book for me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MetalGamer09, May 15, 2014.

1. MetalGamer09 macrumors member

Hello everyone so I plan on purchasing a Mac book sometime soon. I will use it for photo editing and some video editing nothing for work just personal pics and youtube stuff and other general things like web browsing etc. I have never owned a Mac but am somewhat familiar with how the OS works because my gf has one that I have used. So I'm curious as to witch one u recommend for this. I would like something that isn't too heavy as I want to carry it around with me. And one other question, are the screens on Mac books properly calibrated as far as colors go? This is something I'm picky about with my pics so I'm just curious if the screens come calibrated or if this is something that needs to be done for accurate color.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say the rMBP would be a great choice and it depends on whether you want a 15" or 13" laptop.

I'd go with 256GB/8Gb configuration and I'd like to a hardware display configuration device to calibrate the display.

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

While the base model should work fine, opting to spend a bit more might be something to consider.

I just replaced my 2010 MBP with a new (2013) 15" rMBP with 16gigs RAM, 2GB video RAM and 512GB SSD. With the way applications are going, the increased video RAM and RAM will help make it somewhat future proof.

4. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Spend as much as you can afford. The better the specs, the longer it will last you, and the more you'll get in resale value when you decide to upgrade.

Rob

5. MetalGamer09 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks for the help guys so far I have it narrowed down to a 13" rMBP still deciding on hardware tho

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As I mentioned you cannot go wrong with the 256GB SSD and 8GB of ram :)

7. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

By far the best balance of value and power.

If that's out if your price range, check to see if it's available in the refurb store - it should be around $200 cheaper.