Best Mac deals in Vegas

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by steeex, May 3, 2010.

1. steeex macrumors member

hey guys, I am from Europe and will fly to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks...I am going to save 300$ buying a new MBP in the States...the thing is though: Vegas will be the only place I can visit and I am eligible for edu discount.
    question: is the Apple retail store the cheapest option I have?
    cheers
    /Stef

ps. does anybody know if they have iPad in stock or they're sold for now? I see on the online store that they ship in 5-7 days...

2. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Where in Europe are you from. If flying from the UK you can save the 17.5% VAT at the airport. Dixons has loads of apple gear. Will be getting an iPad there in August when I fly to Canada.
    You get a UK model from a UK supplier so you still have after sales support. And no dodging the import taxes. :eek:
    To be fair I would happily get a laptop in the states if I would save lots of cash. :D

just my 2p worth

3. steeex thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks,

I am not from the UK, but will fly out from London. If I have time after the check in, I'll purchase it at the airport there. Do you know if I can get the edu discount as well?? I am eligible in Denmark and US, not sure how tight on requirements they are in the UK...

/Stef