Best Mac for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by LordQ, Mar 9, 2014.

1. LordQ Suspended

Sep 22, 2012
    Hi, guys.

I was wondering if you could help me decide the best Mac for me based on what I do most:

Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rendering (I use SolidEdge and 3DS Max Design on Windows) and very light web browsing.

I was thinking a 13-inch MacBook Air with 128 Gb...

Any help is very appreciated, thanks in advance!
  2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Jun 13, 2011
    Down by the river
    What are you using today to perform your tasks? Keep in mind that for another $100 or so you can purchase a 13" macbook pro with better display and more aftermarket upgrade options.
  3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2014
    New Jersey, United States
    If you're going to use so many heavy apps at once you may want to consider a RAM upgrade. However I might be wrong, the SSD adds so much extra speed that a RAM upgrade may not be needed for heavy image editing apps.

If anything I would definitely get more storage capacity. 128GB is really nothing, especially if you're saving a lot of graphics work that you're creating.
  4. LordQ thread starter Suspended

Sep 22, 2012
    My current laptop is 5 years old with Windows 8, Intel Core Duo, 2.5 Gb of RAM and a 110 Gb hard drive of which I only use 20 Gb.
  5. aicul macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2007
    no cars, only boats
    Do your eyes a favour, get some screen real-estate !
  6. Meister Suspended

Oct 10, 2013
    On budget: macmini quadcore. put in an ssd and 16gigs ram.

Not on a budget: base macpro or 15" rmbp.

In any case get a quadcore. You will not be happy with a dualcore if you render a lot.