Best Mac money manager?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by barnaby117, Feb 18, 2009.

1. barnaby117 macrumors member

barnaby117

We're currently using Quicken Online, but it doesn't seem to be stable enough for us. Mint.com doesn't currently support our bank. Anyone have a favorite app (Mac or online)? Thanks!

2. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Quicken for the mac or create your own in Numbers.

BTW, I tried MINT, never felt that safe with them and all of the data they had on me.

3. vandlism macrumors 6502

4. joshbing macrumors member

joshbing

quicken has their financial life 2008 beta available here

I don't really use it much as I actually like mint.com but its worth trying.

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I love MoneyDance. It is cheaper than Quicken and it is cross platform Mac, Windows and Linux with all three versions being identical. It can also directly download transactions from most all banks.

6. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

I have a two spreadsheet method (maybe it will work for you)

1. Goes to my memory stick, cellphone (blackberry) and anything to document my expenses. Basically its a quick simple tracking of expenses for you to always have acces.

2. Second is a more deep end categorizing spreadsheet which I got from
    https://www.pearbudget.com/spreadsheet

Good luck.

7. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I have tried out close to a dozen apps on OSX and haven't been impressed with any really. Then I found iBank and have been tremendously happy with it. The developers are also quick with information and updates. I used to use Liquid Ledger but did not like it at all (granted, that was before their big 2.0 update which looks significantly improved.).

iBank is sweet. Quicken I always felt was slow and terribly archaic in its style.

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

Quicken Financial Life 2008 is horrible in its current state and has very few features. Instead of being called a beta it fells more like an early Alpha release.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have been using Moneywell and it works for my needs. Good dev. support.

10. pooky macrumors 6502

+1 for iBank. It felt clunky to me for about a month, and after that, I started to really like it.

11. AnnaFugazi macrumors newbie

+1 for MoneyDance. I had a hard time trying to choose also, as I was a MS Money user with my PC. In the end, we downloaded trial versions of everything and picked the one that worked best for us.

12. mongrol macrumors regular

I use my own but before I wrote that I used Moneydance and I like Liquidledger as well.