Best MacBook Adivce Please

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by oililymad, Jun 30, 2011.

1. oililymad macrumors 6502

oililymad

Right, so i just started online gaming on steam on a mac after being converted from console. i play TF2 and get a whollleeee bunch of lag. I want to ask what is the BEST way of getting rid of this weather it be ram, prosessor etc. oh and btw it is a 2008 MacBook 2Ghz Intel Core duo preocessor and 2GB DDR2 ram.

2. simsaladimbamba

Only RAM and HDD are replaceable, and if you have a MacBook, you have not very good graphics, thus you need a Mac with a dedicated GPU, like the iMacs or 15" and 17" MBPs.

Btw, there is no need to make more than one thread about the same topic, just use a proper and descriptive thread title to get the right audience. To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

3. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

laptops aren't as easy to upgrade as desktops, and most of the lower-end apple laptops aren't meant for gaming. only thing that could help you out would be more ram + a faster hard drive, and i doubt they'd help you raise the fps in the game, if at all.

if you have a copy of windows laying around, you can try installing it through bootcamp to see if that could help your case, because from personal experience i've had higher fps on games in windows than i did in their mac counter-parts.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

The only thing you'll be able to do in this scenario is install windows on Bootcamp and try it there. Upgrading other parts of your machine will make it run better but you can't really do anything about gaming.

Try running it in the lowest settings if you aren't already. Just to put this out there,if you want to upgrade your machine in the future, the best thing you could do is upgrade to 4 gigs of ram.