Best Macbook Case/Bag for college student

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Finnxeon, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Finnxeon macrumors regular

Finnxeon

This weekend my state is having a tax free holiday:D, so despite the rumors of macbook updates later this summer I have decided to buy my computer for college now rather than later to save a few bucks.

My question is, what is the best/most recommended case/bag for the macbook in regards to quality/value/usability. Keep in mind I will be doing a decent amount of traveling with my Macbook because I will be traveling to/from the US and UK for school frequently, as well as carrying it around campus.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Depends on your needs I guess. And what you want to spend. I bought a relatively inexpensive Targus backpack. It's black, has plenty of pockets, and it's light. Has a sleeve for a laptop, but not quite as thick as I'd like in terms of protection, so I picked up an Incase Neoprene case to fit the 13.3" laptop. Fits well in the pocket, and I can carry just the laptop in the case if I prefer...

Whole thing cost me around $50/US.

3. Tialys macrumors newbie

I would say anything that Swiss Gear makes. I have a 15" bag for my MBP. It's got tons of room for books and whatnot and a nice sleeve for my laptop and it's indestructable. After a year of being beaten, kicked, rained, snowed and generally beaten on (I'm hard on backpacks and shoes) the thing looks almost brand new.

:apple:

4. Finnxeon thread starter macrumors regular

Finnxeon

Indestructible sounds great, it will have to withstand lots of airports so durability is a must. I will look into the swiss gear bags. Thanks

5. Tialys macrumors newbie

6. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

Timbuk2 bags for me hit the right line between protection and price. The style isn't too bad either. I have the Track Day bag and love it. If you want straight out protection and money isn't too much of an option, go with Brenthaven. Their best commercials involve one of their upper management guys dropping his bag with his TiBook in it, and then boots it up. Brenthavens are pricey at first, but keep in mind it will last you an easy 5 years of abuse.

7. richiepad11 macrumors member

richiepad11

Dell Has A Sell For Swiss Gear Backpack

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...3&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=27530&lid=627063

the best bag, i saw this at staples earlier today. It was priced at 79.99 plus tax. I go online and do a handy dandy google search fot the bag. I find out that dell is having a sell i guess. Got it for 59.00 exactly with 2-3 days shipping..calling all college students to buy this bag. Macbook pro or macbook will fit perfectly!!!!

8. gungrave70 macrumors newbie