Best macbook hardware disassembly site? Tips for water damage?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by olivelawn, Apr 17, 2010.

1. olivelawn macrumors newbie

Spilled (a lot of )water all over my 2008 13" unibody macbook earlier today. Quickly flipped it over so the keyboard was facing down to the ground, and pulled the power. Surprisingly, it continued running and I cleanly shut it down (yes, managed to do it while it was upside down). Took out the battery. Such a bummer.

So I started taking it apart so I could air out all of the components. The only guide I could find online is http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook-Unibody/589/1

I got as far as completing step 12, and got half of 13 done, but can't seem to get the subwoofer connector off the logic board and I don't want to pull too hard. Anyone know the trick? Assuming I can get that done, I feel like I'm going to struggle with step 16 (removing the logic board) as the guide makes no mention of which screws to take out. Is there a better guide somewhere? Google isn't helping much.

Right now, I have the mac upside down with a fan blowing on it. I'll prolly let it sit for at least 24 hours before putting the battery back in and trying to power it up.

Anyone know if this particular model has the sensor for a liquid spill?

Any other advice? I have applecare.

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

The flat connector lifts upwards, the other one looks like it pulls out at a 90 degree angle.