Best Macbook HD Upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by branharrison6, May 17, 2007.

1. branharrison6 macrumors member

Anyone that has a macbook and upgraded their HD tell me what you upgraded to? I am aiming for at least a 120GB HD as an upgrade. Would it be possible for me to buy a 120GB 7200RPM HD and install it in my MB? If so give me links to the HD or process of instillation please.

THANKS!
    Brandon

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Black 2.0 MacBook --> MacBook Pro 2.33 is the best upgrade I made to my MacBook.

Seriously though, get as big a drive as you can.

3. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I have the base model Macbook and 60gigs are not enough, I'M GOING FOR THE 200GB!!

4. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

5. branharrison6 thread starter macrumors member

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Basically you just want a 2.5" Notebook drive that is SATA (not ATA). Here are a bunch for ya to choose from.

As far as brand goes.. I think most here prefer Seagate and Hitachi.

7. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

I just put the Seagate 160 gig HD in my MB. It was a piece of cake, way, WAY easier than changing out the DC in board on my iBook.

I also bought This enclosure. When they arrived, I popped the new HD into the enclosure and used SuperDuper to clone the MB HD to the new drive in the enclosure. Then I put the new drive into the MB using the tutorial from ifixit.com You will need a #00 Phillips Screwdriver and a T8 Torx Screwdriver. I already had them on hand, but you can get them at Sears, Radioshack, Lowes etc...