Best Macbook pro 13" stand

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Iphone3gs, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

Im looking to buy a stand for Macbook pro 13" which i will be purchasing soon.

Which Macbook pro 13" stand would you recommend.

Their is the griffin stand (£50) and the rain design stand (£70). Any others would you and your reasons.

Thaks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I like the mStand, it's so sexy but seriously, this is a preference thing. There is no "best" stand as it's just an opinion. Get the one you like

3. Iphone3gs thread starter macrumors 6502

heat

M stand looks good...(£40) seems alright price compared to the others.

Im worried about the heat dissipation from below. Will it keep Macbook pro as low temperature as possible?

Keeping on the sofa, lap most laptops heat up, most likely this stand will prevent this from happening right?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand_features.html

It's aluminum which acts as a heatsink

5. Black.Ice. macrumors newbie

I think most people will recommend the mStand, as it's very sleek and efficient.

Personally, a stand is a stand for me, and I didn't want to spend that much on it so I got the Griffin Elevator, which you can grab new off ebay for $20, half the price of the mStand. It has an open bottom so it will dissipate heat from your MBP just fine. It also doesn't look that bad, just not as attractive as the mStand.

If you have the money and care about looks, definetly go for the mStand. But if you just want functionality and a good value, the elevator's your best bet.

6. circularforward macrumors 6502

Another nice stand is the xtand pro. It's similar to the mstand but has a lot more open space beneath the mbp.

7. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

I have the Griffin Stand and I think it works pretty well, I would recommend it. I purchased mine off of Amazon.

8. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

I also would say griffin elevator. I have it and it suits me well.