Best Macbook Pro financing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pyromaniaque, Mar 22, 2009.

1. pyromaniaque macrumors 6502

What site has the best financing plan for the macbook pro?

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Is there such a thing as best financing? Not in my eyes.

3. pyromaniaque thread starter macrumors 6502

IDK, but my friend's dad is interested in getting one, and that's the only way they can get one....

4. belvdr macrumors 603

Bad move to finance a depreciating item when you aren't making any money from that item. That's the main reason this economy crashed with homes and cars being financed because of want, not need.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

6. pyromaniaque thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff that they were looking for. I'll just wait and see if anyone can come up with anything better.

7. relativist macrumors regular

well... certain best buy stores do give the EDU discount... If you qualify for that. Another consideration is buying where there is no tax.

8. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

+1

9. brentsg macrumors 68040

I think every single thread that I've seen mention credit, or financing... since the turndown always has one person pop up like this. Clearly you aren't in any position to know anything about the financial status of the buyer, the reason for the purchase, etc, etc. So basically you are issuing a global judgement based on little to no information.

Are you suggesting that nobody should finance anything ever again?

10. belvdr macrumors 603

Did I say that? I think I made it clear.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Many campuses have the EDU discount and several banks and credit unions will finance your purchase(s) via loans. I would count Mom & Dad as the best MBP Financing Plan on Earth....:p

12. brentsg macrumors 68040

Sounded to me like you were jumping to the conclusion that he wasn't going to make any money and just wanted something he couldn't afford.

13. belvdr macrumors 603

No, I was just saying, if you're not going to be making money off an item, it is usually a bad idea to finance it. Considering the Best Buy option above, it's not a bad deal as long as you can pay it off before the interest accrues. Otherwise, it's not a good deal at all.

It appears it could have been read that way, but I was not assuming one way or the other.

14. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

best is cash, baby, cold hard cash. credit is bad and can eat my shorts.

15. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I agree, except credit is good to have. credit card debt is not.

If your friend has decent credit and wants to finance the laptop the best way to do it is to get a 0% APR credit card. Most cards offer an introductory 0% for the first 12 months, some even offer them for the life of the purchase.

http://www.comparecards.com/compare...ds/k/low_1_F?gclid=CJnNjLret5kCFQECGgodj2Yq5A

16. pyromaniaque thread starter macrumors 6502

Better than that bestbuy thing??

17. genmic macrumors regular

I would stay away from Best Buy along with the Apple financing.

Best Buy is through HSBC, and Apple through Juniper/Barclays. Both are sub-prime banks, and not worth having credit from. If you don't have any other cards though they might be a good place to start.

18. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Just do it through Best Buy...the very few people that I've seen finance there computers usually have done it through BBY.

19. zorahk macrumors 6502

Financing a computer is ridiculous.

Save money until you can afford the whole thing.

20. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

DO NOT BUY APPLE FROM BEST BUY!! i was a CEM manager for them. they will screw you over. a little more than 50% of the apple computers that we sold came back. i dont know what it is but something about them is inferior when bought at Best Buy.

21. bossxii macrumors 68000

Debt is always a bad idea, but since when is a car not a need? I'd love to hear how I'm suppose to get to my job everyday, travel 4 states, drive to see my customers and somehow pay cash for my care prior to making the money at my job to pay for it? Please inform my rich dead uncle to forward on those checks I don't seem to be getting.

As far as a home, so if I can't pay cash for a house I'm better off to keep pissing away my money paying rent? Really... your a financial wiz kid OMG! No wonder the economy failed!!

22. belvdr macrumors 603

You like to contradict yourself, even in one post.

Also, you really take things to the extreme and aren't looking at the entire picture. I never claimed to be a financial wizard, but a little common sense would help you to understand what I was saying.

A car can be a need, but is a $40,000 SUV a real need or is it merely a want? Does everyone in America need a 4WD Diesel 4 door 3/4 ton truck too? Does every car people purchase need to be brand new?

The problem occurred when people wanted $300,000 homes on a $50,000 income as well as brand new cars every other year. That's how the sub-prime mortgage loans got out of hand.

Homes generally appreciate in value, while cars depreciate. Thus, the loans on those two are not comparable.

23. Name101 macrumors member

It depended on the car. is there a point to getting a nice V8 car just to go to work or could you afford a 4cyl?
    I think that was the point.. Its just getting that "EXTRA" people cannot afford.

I got a second hand motorbike. I brought most of it but the rest in on finance. I saved 10K$ getting a second hand bike rather than getting a new one.... Did I need the NEW bike? No.. I just wanted it.

This is where people get NEED and WANT mixed up. Yes they NEED a new car but most of the features are based on WANT.

In my opinion.

This is the same related to the Laptop in question.
    To OP:
    do you Need a MBP or just want a MBP. Could you save some money and get a MB?
    I all depends on your NEEDs...

Just my bit.

~Regards

24. belvdr macrumors 603

That's exactly what I was stating above. Thank you.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Holy crap ... if your "friend's dad" wants to get a MBP then the "best" financing would be an interest free or low-interest credit card and pay it off in a matter of months. Anything else would be retarded.