Best Macbook Pro Scanner

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bbbaseball22, Jul 18, 2009.

1. bbbaseball22 macrumors newbie

What is the best scanner that would work with my macbook pro
    I don't need something that complicated, just something that is reliable and produces high quality scans.

2. twingo macrumors regular

There is no special Macbook Pro Scanner.
    And the price range of scanners is extremely wide. You first have to specify your needs to get a good advice.

3. bbbaseball22 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay so any scanner will work with a mac?
    and I am going to be using it to just scan baseball cards into my computer...no special editing or anything, I just want a nice clean, crisp scan

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I've been very pleased with my Brother 7840W AIO unit, and it so much more than just a scanner... got it at www.newegg.com on sale shipped for $270.00

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Scanners are commodity now. I've had a midrange Epson for a few years and it works just fine.

6. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

I have a HP All-in-One scanner/printer/copier and that worked perfectly with the Mac apps, all PnP. I think it was called the Deskjet F370.

7. matperk macrumors 6502

The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners are the best document feeders for macs out there. They have good software and are very fast. My dad owns two of them and loves them.

8. autorelease macrumors regular

I use a Canon CanoScan LiDE 200. It was under $100, and it's powered by the USB port so it doesn't need an AC adaptor. Works very well with a laptop. Also, Canon's scan software isn't nearly as atrocious as HP's. :p

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Careful if you get an HP. On Windows I know they make this terrible "share to web" folder on the desktop and if you right click it it'll freeze your computer (this is on every single computer) and HP aknowledges it but the only solution they offer is to make it a hidden file.

Also if you don't install share to web the scanner will not work.

NOTE: This was a few years ago so things may have changed. Not to mention this was for windows. I haven't bought an HP scanner since because that is a terrible "feature" to have so if the box says "Share to web" you may want to stay away.

NOTE 2: *sigh* the new HP scanners we just got at work have the same share to web folder which freezes on right click on all the machines. Guess its still there. (This is on windows)

10. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Agreed. I've got a 300m and a 510M Fujitsu ScanSnap. They are the best. Get the S510M (or now the S1500M) unless you want it to be portable. The 300 is good, but slower and scans fewer pages at once.