Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eugentamas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Hello
I was wondering which OSX or MacOS from Yosemite to Mojave is the best in terms on performance (battery, general UI performance, etc) for a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) -
2,6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 128GB SSD, Intel Iris Graphic.

Thanks

Last edited:

eugentamas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Another question:
maybe i am wrong but i was thinking if you install a 2015 OS to a 2015 machine you get a normal peak performance & Battery life and not slowed down by the latest OS which was made for faster actual hardware.
I was thinking to go back to Sierra...
Thanks!

ezmolaw

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
I have/had a 2014 MBP Retina 8/256 that was working flawlessly on Sierra 3 weeks ago until I tried upgrading to High Sierra with roughly 40gigs worth of space left that corrupted my Hard drive. Unfortunately I never backed it up to Time Machine. I learned the hard way, so whatever you decide make sure your hard drive is backed up prior to upgrading to any Os.

eugentamas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
I have/had a 2014 MBP Retina 8/256 that was working flawlessly on Sierra 3 weeks ago until I tried upgrading to High Sierra with roughly 40gigs worth of space left that corrupted my Hard drive. Unfortunately I never backed it up to Time Machine. I learned the hard way, so whatever you decide make sure your hard drive is backed up prior to upgrading to any Os.

I am already on High Sierra and i want to move back to Sierra or El Capitan not really happy with the speed of my rMBR 2014, and i do not want to risk the battery life with Mojave...
Thanks for the advice!

iceninja

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2014
don't know if this considered gravedigging but I'm running Mojave on my mid 2014, my Macbook lost 20 to 30 percent battery overnight. It only lose 5 to 10 percent in Sierra. I think I go back to High Sierra because it got Turn on / off auto join wifi

swealpha

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2017
Have someone tested or seen a test where all the macos is tested on macbook pro mid 2014?

El capitan (I guess el capitan works best for mbp mid 2014).
Sierra
High Sierra
Mojave
etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.