Best Mail Application?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TheDPR, Oct 31, 2007.

1. TheDPR macrumors member

I'm about to buy an iPod Touch for my wife and set it up with some movies and applications.

I've seen several threads about Mail App problems, which begs the question: is there another mail application that might work better on the Touch? Or is Mail App all there is and we're stuck with trying to make it work?

2. cdarlington1 macrumors regular

cdarlington1

Mail app

Ipod Touch doesn't come with a mail app. You will have to "jailbreak" the ipod touch to install a mail application. I have an ipod touch and have not "jailbreaked" it in case it stops working...I am pretty sure that in the near future Apple will release a mail application for the ipod touch. It's on the iPhone so i'm sure it will become available someday.

3. TheDPR thread starter macrumors member

I realize that. Thanks. That's why my question is posted in the hacks forum. :)

4. cwolves macrumors regular

I use the iPhone mail app on my touch and haven't had any problems with it at all. It works fine with my gmail account as well as my exchange account from work and my personal server that I host (IMAP).

I've heard that people have problems with Yahoo! accounts, but I don't have (well don't use) one, so I wouldn't know or care.

I also actually like the mail app. It has a few missing features but it's easy to use and since the touch is wi-fi only, I only really use it at places like starbucks. I'm not going to sit on my couch using it when I have a real computer 20 feet away.

5. boonguyen macrumors newbie

Installing iPhone app's

How did you install the mail app and other iPhone apps onto your iTouch? I jailbreaked using the slovix (no computer) method, but I cannot get the mail app. How and where do you download this onto the iTouch? Thanks for your help.