Best mail client for OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joshlalonde, Nov 14, 2014.

1. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

Hey guys,

I was using Mailbox (made by Dropbox) for a while, but a beta's a beta and I started to worry that my emails would be lost; I've been e-mailing someone interested in hiring me, so I don't want any chance of losing valuable e-mails.

So anyways,
    What's the best mail client for OS X? Mail is sort of bland. Even mailbox was kinda bare. Then again, i don't have tons of emails. But I liked the gestures.

Anything like it, or better?

Thanks!

2. joshlalonde thread starter macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

Thanks, looks nice.
    However, I was thinking of a free mail client. E-mail isn't THAT important to me.

3. joshlalonde thread starter macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

Looks cool. Not as nice as mailbox, but I guess I just have to hold in til Mailbox gets released from beta.

Thanks

4. MLinneer macrumors regular

MLinneer

I've always stuck with Mail. Didn't care for Thunderbird and Entourage and Outlook are overkill for simple POP or IMAP accounts. Mail may be plain but it works, has low overhead, and stays out of my way.

5. biosci macrumors 6502a

LOL! It's important enough to get a JOB/Career going! Have you heard of reports where mailbox lost emails?

6. joshlalonde thread starter macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

No, but I was having some glitches with it. In general, using beta software on a main machine is not a good idea. Just a rule of thumb.

It's not necessarily important for my job, I still see my employer weekly. Just didn't want to risk losing it; that risk is eliminated by using a reliable, tested mail client. Anyways, I just want something a little less ugly to look at and nicer to use. Mailbox is still my favorite.

Guess I'll just wait.

7. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 65816

Mail for me. It just works very well and nicely integrates with OS X and the media browser etc. I've got mail dating back twenty year in there and it just works. Considering it uses the open mbox format it has never been an issue moving stuff around.

If you are concerned about the bets of your mail client, why not just leave the Mail on the mail server and you can access it via the IMAP protocol using any client!