Best Mail Program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eternlgladiator, Sep 14, 2010.

1. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I'm currently using mac mail to manage a few email accounts (two gmail, and one exchange) and the lack of major features is starting to annoy me. What is a better option? I'm leaning towards entourage or outlook for mac but want to hear opinions from anybody here. Thanks in advance. Also note that I'm on the most recent version of snow leopard, macbook pro, etc

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Entourage is fine but doesn't have all of the features of outlook (Outlook will be part of MS Office for Mac 2011). What features are you looking for in particular? That would help with making recommendations.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. eternlgladiator thread starter macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I'm looking for options like read receipt but really I just want a more complex interface. I appreciate the simplicity of mail most of the time but sometimes it just feels bare. I'd also really like to find a way to stop getting those extra mac attachments that are usually called "att001" or something like that. Is that a mac thing or a mac mail thing? They usually just result in confusion and don't seem to do anything. Thanks again.

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I used Postbox for awhile when it was free and really liked it a lot. Looking up the url for this post I see that they now have an "express" edition that is free, so I may give it another try myself. I would have forked up the cash for the paid edition, but I went out of business so my need for an email client became non-existant. I think it's worth a look. It's easy to use, and I think you would know early on if it was for you or not.