Best Mail Service for IOS

Chadt103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have been using gmail forever but it just seems like using my apple mail app gmail sometimes is pushed through and sometimes it may take a day for your mail to come in. I’m looking for the best mail service that works with my apple mail app, on all my IOS devices and even my Macs.
Thanks
Chad

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I have been using gmail forever but it just seems like using my apple mail app gmail sometimes is pushed through and sometimes it may take a day for your mail to come in. I’m looking for the best mail service that works with my apple mail app, on all my IOS devices and even my Macs.
Thanks
Chad
Same here. I push them thru outlook to apple mail app. Works beautifully.

Reactions: nvarga

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Hello Everyone,
Thanks
Chad

I use this one. Works well for me :)

Airmail - Your Mail With You by Bloop S.R.L. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/airmail-your-mail-with-you/id993160329?mt=8

PJ

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Working great for me.

If I recall correctly, "push" (it's not a real push as Google does not support it on iOS unless using the G Suite tools) only works when on wifi.

Might try setting to fetch and 15 minutes, see if that helps. After a while, flip back to Push and see if cleared up (ie. messed up setting).

Nuclear option, reset settings and resetup mail settings.

max2

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015

Chazzle

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Thanks
Chad
How about iCloud email? That’s what I use.

achappy

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Thanks
Chad
It seems people didn't read your post which unfortunately seems to be the norm. To answer your question, I use Outlook.com as my email service which works perfectly with the stock Mail apps on iOS and macOS. I would use iCloud as my provider, but it doesn't allow an alternate "Reply As" functionality but it would also work equally well if your @icloud email is your primary email address.

I get Push email to all of my devices as well as server search capabilities which work really well.

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
The way I do this is to forward all gmail to the iCloud account.

Then set the outgoing smtp email server on my iPhone, Mac, iPad etc to be gmail... you enter your gmail credentials and the from address is re-written as the gmail address. So to the outside world it looks like I am using gmail, but for all my apple devices and services I am using icloud.

Works great, been running this way for years

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.