best mailing aplication on mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iamuurme, Jul 2, 2010.

1. iamuurme macrumors newbie

so i tried using the mail application that comes with the macbook pro i set up my hotmail account on Mail.
    i just keep getting old mail on my hotmail account.
    is this normal?
    are the Mail meant to recieve both old and new mail on it and saved it to my mac?
    or are there any other application that you guys use that you use insted of Mail? thanks a lot

2. Nsutton macrumors member

Nsutton

I'm pretty sure Mail downloads all the mail in your hotmail inbox to your hd. I'm sure you could change some settings are something..but I use Postbox Express.

3. NeonTempest macrumors newbie

I used to use Thunderbird, but I have been using google for a while and have gotten away from the desktop email client.

4. celticpride678

5. iamuurme thread starter macrumors newbie

ive already set up my mail account. but do you guys have any idea how to set it up so that it only download new email for my hotmail.?

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It will download all of the messages in your INBOX folder, which is what you normally see when you log into a web interface. If you don't want messages downloaded into Apple Mail, move those messages from the INBOX folder to a different folder (most web clients allow you to have e-mail folders) or delete them.

7. iamuurme thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a lot i was looking for this answer everywhere only to be found from u haha