best matte screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobbypotluck, Sep 4, 2009.

1. bobbypotluck macrumors member

I've been looking all the internet for a certain screen protector but i cant seem to find the right one. I recently got a MiLante screen protector that claimed to be "anti-galre" but it looked pretty glossy to me so i returned it. I'm looking for the "frosty" looking screen cover. A buddy of mine had it and the colors on the screen looked ten times better and fingerprints/scratches didn't show at all. That's all I want. Any suggestions?

2. lpnjake macrumors member

you know wrapsol looks quite nice, ive been following them. buymeaiphone.com did a nice review

3. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I've personally tried at least a half a dozen on my 3GS and I can honestly say there is nothing that even comes close to the Power Support USA "Anti-Glare" Film Set. You get two (2) in a pack and a pre-application film all for about $15. Easy to install (no bubbles!), feels nice and doesn't hardly show any fingerprints. Screen still looks vibrant without the glare!

You can find them in Apple stores, direct from Power Support USA or you can get them off eBay through the Power Support USA eBay listing.

I wish I would have tried them first and not wasted my money trying the others.

Good luck to you...

4. bobbypotluck thread starter macrumors member

Is this the "frosty" looking one? he said it was at the apple store but i couldn't find it.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yup - that's the one. The PS Anti-Glare is the best in my opinion. Others swear by the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint, but I hated it.

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Another vote for Power Support Anti Glare. It sounds exactly what you're looking for. I love mine :)

7. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Me too.

I've been using power support for years on other gadgets, even back when they had black packages with kanji on it. But I installed their anti glare and I'll never go back. It keeps the screen relatively clean, still looks vibrant, easy application and I don't have to see my ugly mug while I'm using my phone :D

Only down side imo is while its still vibrant it might not look as sharp.

8. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I've used both the Powersupport, and the Steinheil, and to me, the Steinheil wins EASILY. It's anti fingerprint, but is less "blurry" then the PS when reading text. I had side by side on two phones, and the difference was a lot greater then I would have thought. 100%, go with Steinheil.

9. Chizzled macrumors member

Wrapsol back + PS Anti-Glare front = Best combo ever.

No smudges or fingerprints Period!