Best MB case for carrying in backpack?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by demolitionlvr, Nov 18, 2008.

1. demolitionlvr macrumors newbie

I'm a college student that carries MB in a Backpack. some of my friends use the specks hard case, some use regular neoprene sleeve and some don't use any protection at all.

I heard that the hard case actually causes scratches later on
    and then neoprene sleeves also cause scratches later on as well..

Which one should I get?

2. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

Well, I use a messenger bag to carry my MacBook, which is protected by an AppleSac. It fits pretty well, so I guess I would recommend that.

3. jdwingnut macrumors regular

www.booqbags.com

The "Viper" sleeve.

Uses a formed ballistic nylon outer shell and soft felt like liner for the inside. Easy to grab and doesn't feel slippery either. Have used them for years with MB's and MBP's. A bit pricey but worth it in my opinion considering what it does.

One very nice design feature I always liked about these sleeves is the fact that the sleeve opens just like the notebooks. No sliding in and out. Unzip it, open the notebook, and you're good to go. Never take it out of the sleeve again.

4. macnvrbck macrumors regular

+1 on the Booq stuff! Best cases made.

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I personally favor the Waterfield Design sleeves by www.sfbags.com. Very well made, affordable, customisable, great customer service and very protective sleeves. Can't say enough good about them!

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I keep it in a Incase sleeve and i put it in my back pack which also has a padded compartment.