Best MBA Movie Remote controllers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by prvt.donut, Jun 3, 2012.

1. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

Hi,

I hook up my MBA to the TV, but miss the old apple remote! I don't see the point in buying an Apple TV, so would like a remote controller for the MBA!

Tell us what you got and why you like it! :D

2. oscolivar1 macrumors newbie

I use my Ipad 1.

App is called mobile mouse. Highly recommend it if your don't have apple tv.

3. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

I have Rowmote on the iPhone, don't care for it though as unlocking the phone every time to pause a movie or have the batteries drain when watching a movie because the screen is on all the time isn't what I want.

I just want something small and that will work with Plex and VLC well, with physical buttons that I don't need to look at every time I use it. :(

4. flatfoot macrumors 65816

I have a Griffin AirClick. I'm quite sure it's been discontinued and the software hasn't been updated for years, but it still works.
    You might find one for cheap on eBay.

The good thing about it is that it connects to the receiver not via infrared but via radio. This way you don't have to point the remote at the receiver and it has a bigger range.

There are also USB infrared receivers that work with the Apple Remote. Not sure about the name(s), though, but it's somewhere in the forums.

5. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

6. Reidan macrumors member

I like that Satechi unit. Good price too! May have to get one.