Best MBP Cooling Option

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lee0539, Dec 15, 2010.

1. lee0539 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a good cooling pad. I don't think the coolermaster U2 is doing enough cooling. Is there a much better option? My CPU temps are in the 100's while playing games and I think it is the reason why I've been having some logic board issues which magically resolved when i stopped playing games and turning off the computer more often. I don't think the MBP 2008 with the Core 2 Duos could keep up with the heat output. Is there a new software that allows me to keep the fans running at max while on bootcamp?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

dude, its "ok" for it to hit the 90's but the 100's aint right.
    if you can make it shut down due to overheating, you should have no problem getting a repair/replacement form apple.
    and with those figures all you'd have to do is game with it on your lap or on your bed. nothing like those ppl putting their laptop into the oven o_O

3. lee0539 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the thing is it hasn't shutdown due to overheating. I don't want to break the computer since i don't have applecare anymore (been over 16 months). I've been using SBS settings on mac osx to see what it comes out to when i play SC2 on mac. I think it hits 105 sometimes if i play long enough.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member