Best MBPro for Adobe Suite?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drs6222, Nov 17, 2010.

1. drs6222, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

drs6222 macrumors newbie

I currently use an Imac at work that runs the Adobe Suite flawlessly.

No, I have tried in the past on an older Mac (circa 2006) and it ran slow, which I knew, but wanted to test.

Now, I am in the market for an MBP.

My main uses for it besides internet/email will be:

Adobe Suite
    Microsoft Office
    Web Browsing
    Streaming Video to XBOX or connectivity to 36" HDTV via HDMI.
    At some point I am going to do video editing via Final Cut. Also Fireway ports are a plus.

Would the 1800 MBP be sufficient?

[​IMG]

I appreciate your input, as I have been looking forward to this purchase for quite some time.

D

2. drs6222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, my only option right now is to finance via best buy, as I have 500-800 dollars in gift cards I was going to use as a down payment.

Thanks again

3. ShiftClick macrumors regular

ShiftClick

That machine will run the suite fine, but your post asks what is the best, and the answer is the 17 inch, bigger screen, express card 34 slot for expansion (estata, or a ssd boot drive), if those two things aren't important then the top dog 15" would be next.

I would recommend having a graphics card with 512MB and 8 gigs of ram if you are a heavy adobe suite user.

4. drs6222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not so much concerned with the size of the screen, as I will have it connected to a 36" HDTV in my office when I am working with Adobe...so maybe even a downgrade to 13"? Not concered about the expansion either..not that important at all.