Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Has this been done? What are peoples views? I know we don't have push notification yet so I am not asking about that.
I have downloaded parlingo and it seems fine. Just wondered if there is anything else better or have I by some fluke downloaded the best.

All views are welcomed.

Thanks,

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Has this been done? What are peoples views? I know we don't have push notification yet so I am not asking about that.
I have downloaded parlingo and it seems fine. Just wondered if there is anything else better or have I by some fluke downloaded the best.

All views are welcomed.

Thanks,

I tried Palringo and didn't like it.. I don't like that you get disconnected whenever you close the app.

Now I'm using beejive.com - its online so its not perfect, but it seems like the most stable solution, and at least it runs in the background..

I'm holding out hope MobileChat makes its way out soon, it seems promising, or that either BeeJive of Adium release a standalone app.

Ori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I tried Palringo and didn't like it.. I don't like that you get disconnected whenever you close the app.

Now I'm using beejive.com - its online so its not perfect, but it seems like the most stable solution, and at least it runs in the background..

I'm holding out hope MobileChat makes its way out soon, it seems promising, or that either BeeJive of Adium release a standalone app.

I think these apps won't come into their own until push notification becomes available. Then you can switch the apps off and enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.